Daily Current Affairs 27th-28th May 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27th-28th May 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27th-28th May 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27th-28th May 2020 Current affairs test.
- ‘HunarHaat’ a flagship programme of Ministry of Minority Affairs will resume from September 2020.
- Theme: ‘Local to Global’.
- Minister of Minority Affairs: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
1. Uganda Peoples Defence Forces
- Indian Association Uganda in association with the Indian Military Advisory launched a state-of-the-art military training facility to Uganda Peoples Defence Forces.
- Uganda: Capital– Kampala || Currency– Ugandan shilling
1. PM Vaya Vandana Yojana
- Life Insurance Corporation of India has launched the modified version of Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana.
- An assured rate of return of 7.40 per cent per annum payable monthly (which is equivalent to 7.66 per cent per annum) for the entire duration of 10 years
- LIC: Headquarters :Mumbai || Chairman: M R Kumar || MD: T C Suseel Kumar
2. Airtel Payments Bank with Mastercard
- Airtel Payments Bank has drafted a partnership with Mastercard to develop products for farmers and SMEs.
- Airtel Payments Bank: MD and CEO- Anubrata Biswas || Headquarters- New Delhi.
- Mastercard: CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga || Headquarters: Purchase, Harrison, New York, United States
1. ‘CatchUp’ App
- ‘CatchUp’ calling application has been launched by Facebook.
- CEO of Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg || Headquarters: California, US.
2. Fintech startup Zaggle with Visa
- Fintech startup Zaggle has partnered with Visa to launch payment solutions for SMEs and startups.
- Visa : Headquarters- Foster City, California || Chairman and CEO- Alfred F. Kelly, Jr.
3. Ola Electric acquires Etergo BV
- Ola Electric Mobility has acquired Etergo BV which is an electric scooter OEM based out of Amsterdam.
- OLA: CEO: Bhavish Aggarwal || Headquarters location: Bengaluru
1. Book ‘The Ickabog’
- Author JK Rowling will release her latest book on children ‘The Ickabog’.
- JK Rowling is a British author, film producer, television producer, screenwriter, and philanthropist.
Science and Technology News
1. Telescope after Nancy Grace Roman
- NASA has renamed its next-generation space telescope ‘Wide-Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST)’ in honour of Nancy Grace Roman.
- Nancy Grace Roman was a noted American astronomer who made important contributions to stellar classification and motions, and became the first female executive at NASA, and served as NASA’s first Chief of Astronomy.
- She created NASA’s space astronomy program and is known to many as the “Mother of Hubble” for her foundational role in planning the Hubble Space Telescope. Throughout her career, Roman was also an active public speaker and educator, and an advocate for women in the sciences.
2. NavRakshak PPE Kit
- Indian Navy has launched ‘NavRakshak’ PPE kit with innovative breathable fabric material.
- Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh.
1. Indian Ambassador to Niger
- PK Nair has become new Indian Ambassador to Niger.
- Niger: Capital: Niamey || Currency: West African CFA franc.
2. Director-General of Sports Authority of India
- Sandip Mukund Pradhan has been appointed the Director-General of Sports Authority of India (SAI).
- The Sports Authority of India is the apex national sports body of India, established in 1984 by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of Government of India for the development of sport in India.
- Sports Authority of India : Headquarters: Delhi
3. India’s High Commissioner to Singapore
- P Kumaran has been appointed as the High Commissioner of India to Singapore.
- Singapore: Capital: Singapore || President: Halimah Yacob || Currency: Singapore dollar
1. Shyamala Bhave passes away
- Classical musician Shyamala Bhave has passed away.
- She was a performer in both Carnatic and Hindustani music and which brought her the fame Ubhayagana Vidhushi (expert in both styles).
- She is also the recipient of Karnataka Rajyotsava award.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Power Finance Corporation with Madhya Pradesh Government
- Power Finance Corporation has signed an MoU with Narmada Basin Projects Company which is a wholly-owned company of Madhya Pradesh Govt. to fund various power projects.
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd. is an Indian financial institution. Established in 1986, it is the financial back bone of Indian Power Sector.
- CMD of Power Finance Corporation: Rajeev Sharma || HQ: New Delhi
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Inventor of the Year award
- Indian-American Rajiv Joshi has bagged the prestigious Inventor of the Year award by the New York Intellectual Property Law Association.
- The Inventor of the Year Award by the New York Intellectual Property Law Association is presented each year in recognition of the contribution that the invention has and/or will make towards society as a whole.
2. UN Military Gender Advocate Award
- Indian Army Major Suman Gawani will be honoured with United Nations Military Gender Advocate Award.
- She was happened to be in South Sudan under the United Nations Mission.
1. International Olympic Committee with WHO
- International Olympic Committee has signed up with World Health Organization to work together to promote health through sport and physical activity.
- The International Olympic Committee is a non-governmental sports organisation based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Founded by Pierre de Coubertin and Demetrios Vikelas in 1894, it is the authority responsible for organising the modern Summer and Winter Olympic Games.
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || President: Thomas Bach