Daily Current Affairs 27th 28th November 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27th 28th November 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27th 28th November 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27th 28th November 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Maryada Purushottam Sri Ram Airport
- Ayodhya Airport to be renamed as Maryada Purushottam Sri Ram Airport.
- Uttar Pradesh: Chief Minister: Yogi Aditya Nath || Governor: Anandiben Patel.
2. India’s official entry for the Oscars
- Malayalam film ‘Jallikattu’ is India’s official entry for the 93rd Academy Awards.
1. Cambridge Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2020
- The Word ‘Quarantine’ has been named Cambridge Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2020.
- Cambridge University Press is the publishing business of the University of Cambridge. Granted letters patent by King Henry VIII in 1534, it is the oldest university press in the world. It is also the Queen’s Printer.
1. India Post Payments Bank with PNB MetLife India Insurance Company
- India Post Payments Bank has has collaborated with PNB MetLife India Insurance to launch ‘Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana.
- Managing Director & CEO of IPPB: J Venkatramu || India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) Headquarters: New Delhi.
2. HDFC Bank with Inventivepreneur Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ICCI)
- HDFC Bank has signed an MoU with Inventivepreneur Chamber of Commerce and Industries to support SMEs and Start-ups.
- MD and CEO of HDFC Bank: Sashidhar Jagdishan.
1. Mercedes-Benz with SBI
- Mercedes-Benz has joined hands with SBI to offer financial benefits to its ser.
- Mercedes-Benz is both a German automotive marque and, from late 2019 onwards, a subsidiary – as Mercedes-Benz AG – of Daimler AG. Mercedes-Benz is known for producing luxury vehicles and commercial vehicles. The headquarters is in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg. The name first appeared in 1926 as Daimler-Benz.
- Parent organization: Daimler AG || Founder: Carl Benz
- Daimler AG, commonly known and referred to as Mercedes-Benz, or simply as Daimler, is a German multinational automotive corporation headquartered in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg. It is one of the world’s leading car and truck manufacturers.
2. SDG Investor Map for India
- UNDP and Invest India have tied-up to launch the SDG Investor Map for India.
- Invest India is a non-profit venture under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Invest India MD and CEO: Deepak Bagla.
3. Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020)
- PM Modi has inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020).
- Theme: ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
4. Mumbai-Ahmadabad High-Speed Rail (MAHSR)
- Larsen and Toubro has bagged an order worth over Rs 7000 crore to construct a part of the Mumbai-Ahmadabad High-Speed Rail Bullet Train Project.
- Larsen and Toubro CEO: S. N. Subrahmanyan.
1. FC Kohli passes away
- Founder of Tata Consultancy Services Faqir Chand Kohli has passed away.
- Faqir Chand Kohli also known as Father of Indian IT industry was an Indian industrialist. He was the founder and the first CEO of Tata Consultancy Services, India’s largest software services company.
1. Latest FIFA rankings
- Top Three
- 1. Belgium
- 2. France
- 3. Brazil
- Indian national football team have moved up a spot to 104 in the latest FIFA Rankings.