Daily Current Affairs 27th 28th October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27th 28th October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27th 28th October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27th 28th October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. e-Dharti Geo Portal
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister, Hardeep Singh Puri has launched the ‘e-Dharti Geo Portal’.
- Aim: To integrate legacy drawings such as maps and lease plans in the management information system and make its geographic information system (GIS)-enabled.
1. New Chairman of Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports
- Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports (FIFS) has appointed Bimal Julka as its Chairman.
- Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports (FIFS) is to further strengthen the operating standards of the Indian fantasy sports industry.
1. World Day for Audiovisual Heritage
- The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is observed globally on 27 October by UNESCO.
- Aim: To raise awareness of the significance and preservation risks of recorded sound and audiovisual documents.
- Theme: ‘Your Window to the World’.
2. Vigilance Awareness Week 2020
- Vigilance Awareness Week 2020 is being celebrated by the Central Vigilance Commission from 27 October to 2 November 2020.
- Central Vigilance Commissioner: Sanjay Kothari.
Agreements and MoUs
1. IIT Kharagpur with TCS
- IIT Kharagpur in Partnership with TCS to develop India’s Advanced Manufacturing Sector.
- It is for remotely controlled factory operations and real-time quality correction during industrial production.
- TCS: CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan || Headquarters: Mumbai
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Anemia Mukt Bharat Index
- Haryana is the best State in Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index by the National Health Mission (NHM).
- Anemia is a condition in which you lack enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to your body’s tissues. Having anemia can make you feel tired and weak.
2. Top State under PM Swanidhi Scheme
- Uttar Pradesh has secured first rank in disbursing loans under PM Swanidhi Scheme.
- The scheme intends to facilitate collateral free working capital loans of up to INR10,000/- of one-year tenure, to approximately 50 lakh street vendors, to help resume their businesses in the urban areas, including surrounding peri-urban/rural areas.
3. Global Mobile Internet Speed Ranking
- India has ranked 131 out of 138 in Global Mobile Internet Speed Ranking by Ookla Speedtest Global Index.
- South Korea has topped the list.
- In fixed line broadband Internet speeds, India is placed 70th out of 175 nations
- Singapore has topped this index in fixed line broadband Internet speeds.