Daily Current Affairs 27th 28th September 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27th 28th September 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27th 28th September 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27th 28th September 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Positive Pay System for Cheque Truncation System
- RBI stated the proposed Positive Pay System for Cheque Truncation System will be introduced from January 1 2020.
- It will be developed by the National Payments Corporation of India.
- Positive Pay mechanism to prevent frauds with high value cheques.
2. Domestic Systemically Important Insurers (D-SIIs)
- IRDAI has identified LIC, GIC and New India Assurance as Domestic Systemically Important Insurers (D-SIIs).
- D-SIIs will also be subjected to enhanced regulatory supervision.
- IRDAI: Headquarters: Hyderabad || Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
3. Asian Development Bank with Rajasthan Government
- Asian Development Bank has approved 300 million USD loan for Rajasthan Government to finance inclusive water supply and sanitation infrastructure.
- Asian Development Bank: Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Masatsugu Asakawa
1. Brand Ambassador of CEAT
- RPG Enterprises (Rama Prasad Goenka Group)’s CEAT Limited has signed Actor Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador.
- The Rama Prasad Goenka Group, commonly known as RPG Group, is an Indian industrial and services conglomerate headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The roots of the RPG Group can be traced back to the enterprise of Ramdutt Goenka in 1820.
2. New Brand Ambassador of Aakash Educational Services
- Aakash Educational Services has signed cricketer Yuvraj Singh as Brand Ambassador.
3. RBI with Amitabh Bachchan
- RBI ropes in Amitabh Bachchan for customer awareness campaign.
- RBI: Governor: Shaktikanta Das || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. World Tourism Day
- World Tourism Day is observed globally on 27th September by United Nations World Tourism Organization.
- Theme: ‘Tourism and Rural Development’.
- United Nations World Tourism Organization Headquarters location: Madrid, Spain.
2. World Rabies Day
- World Rabies Day is observed on 28th September.
- Theme: ‘End Rabies: Collaborate, Vaccinate’.
- The day marks the death anniversary of the French chemist and microbiologist, Louis Pasteur’, who developed the first rabies vaccine.
3. International Day for Universal Access to Information
- The International Day for the Universal Access to Information is observed on 28th September.
- Theme: ‘Access to Information – Saving lives, Building Trust, Bringing Hope!’.
- The International Day for Universal Access to Information was proclaimed on 15 October 2019 at the 74th UN General Assembly to be held on 28 September.
- Initially the day was designated by the UNESCO General Conference. It was inaugurated in November 2015 and was first held on 28 September 2016.
1. Jaswant Singh passes away
- Former Union Minister Jaswant Singh has passed away.
- Major Jaswant Singh Jasol was an officer of the Indian Army and an Indian Cabinet Minister. He was one of the founding members of the Bharatiya Janata Party, and was one of India’s longest serving parliamentarians, having been a member of one or the other house almost continuously between 1980 and 2014.
2. Isher Judge Ahluwalia passes away
- Indian economist Isher Judge Ahluwalia has passed away.
- Isher Judge Ahluwalia was an Indian economist, public policy researcher, and professor. She was Chairperson Emeritus, Board of Governors, at the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. World Risk Report 2020
- India has been ranked at the 89th spot among 181 Countries in the World Risk Report 2020.
- The World Risk Report 2020 is developed United Nations University’s Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNUEHS) and calculated by the International Law of Peace and Armed Conflict (IFHV).
- India was ‘poorly prepared’ to deal with ‘climate reality’, due to which it was more vulnerable to extreme natural disasters.
- Qatar had the lowest risk (0.31) according to the global index ranked at 181.
- Vanuatu had the highest risk according to the global index ranked at top.
2. UNIATF award
- Kerala has won the United Nations Inter-Agency Task Force on the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases Awards 2020.
- It is for Kerala’s Outstanding Contribution towards the non-communicable diseases-related Sustainable Development Goals.
- WHO Director-General: Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus || WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
3. QS Global MBA rankings
- Stanford Graduate School of Business has topped the QS Global MBA rankings 2020.
- IIM Ahmedabad is at 50th.
- IIM Bangalore was placed at the 54th position while IIM Calcutta was at the 79th position.
1. Exercise ‘JIMEX’
- India-Japan Maritime bilateral exercise ‘JIMEX’ has started.
- Japan: Capital: Tokyo || Currency: Japanese yen
1. Russian Grand Prix 2020
- Valtteri Bottas has won the Formula One Russian Grand Prix 2020.
- Valtteri Viktor Bottas is a Finnish racing driver currently competing in Formula One with Mercedes.