Daily Current Affairs 27th February 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27th February 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27th February 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27th February 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Australia’s Victory in ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023
- The Australian women’s cricket team secured their win in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023, outplaying South Africa by a difference of 9 runs.
- With this, Australia has marked its sixth victory in the championship, asserting their dominance in the sport.
- Under the strong leadership of Meg Lanning, the team accomplished an impressive ‘three-peat’, having won the title consecutively in 2018, 2020, and now, 2023.
- Ashleigh Gardner from Australia earned the “Player of the Series” title, while South Africa’s Laura Wolvaardt emerged as the top scorer of the tournament.
2. Launch of Shivamogga Airport in Karnataka by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- On February 27, 2023, the Shivamogga airport in Karnataka was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The airport spans across an extensive area of 663 acres and was built with an investment of ₹449.22 crore.
- Alongside this, the Prime Minister also initiated various other developmental projects in the state, a strategic move considering the approaching state elections.
- Shivamogga airport’s Passenger Terminal Building is equipped to accommodate up to 300 passengers every hour.
- The foundation stone for this airport was placed in June 2020, during B. S. Yediyurappa’s tenure as the Chief Minister.
National & International Appointments
3. Tenure Extension Granted to Defence Secretary Aramane Giridhar
- The tenure of Aramane Giridhar, serving as the Secretary of the Department of Defence, has been extended by the Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet.
- The extension stretches until October 31, 2024, or until any subsequent orders, subject to whichever condition precedes.
- This extension is noteworthy as it surpasses his age of superannuation.
- Previously set to retire in June 2023 after reaching his superannuation age of 60, Giridhar belongs to the 1988-batch IAS and hails from the Andhra Pradesh cadre.
4. Indian Air Force’s Engagement in Exercise Desert Flag VIII in UAE
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) is actively engaged in Exercise Desert Flag VIII, organized by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from February 27 to March 17, 2023.
- A highlight of this exercise is the debut of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas in an international flying exercise outside India.
- Exercise Desert Flag is a collective air exercise that witnesses participation from several countries’ air forces, such as UAE, France, Kuwait, Australia, UK, Bahrain, Morocco, Spain, Republic of Korea, and USA.
- This exercise aims to facilitate a variety of fighter engagements and to share best practices among the participating Air Forces.
- India and Japan executed a joint training program termed “Dharma Guardian” in Japan from February 17 to March 2.
- “TARKASH”, the 27th iteration of the joint exercise was recently wrapped up in Chennai. It was a collaboration between the National Security Guard (NSG) and the US Special Operations Force (SOF).
- The joint training event “Exercise Trishakti Prahar” took place in North Bengal and saw participation from the Indian Army, Indian Air Force (IAF), and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
- The Indian Navy initiated the grand biennial tri-services amphibious exercise “AMPHEX 2023” near Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh.
- The joint exercise “Exercise Cyclone-I”, involving special forces from the Indian Army and the Egyptian Army, commenced in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.