Daily Current Affairs 28th-29th March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28th-29th March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28th-29th March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28th-29th March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. India’s largest COVID-19 hospitals
- Odisha government will set up India’s largest COVID-19 hospital having a combined capacity of 1,000 beds.
- Chief Minister of Odisha: Naveen Patnaik || Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
2. CII COVID Rehabilitation and Relief Fund
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has set up a CII COVID Rehabilitation and Relief Fund (CRR) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
- President of Confederation of Indian Industry: Vikram S. Kirloskar.
3. First prototype of Hospital Isolation Railway Coach
- Northern Railways has created first prototype of Hospital Isolation Railway Coach.
- Minister of Railways: Piyush Goyal.
1. New logo of PNB
- Punjab National Bank has launched a new logo ahead of its merger with Oriental Bank of Commerce and the United Bank of India.
- MD & CEO Of Punjab National Bank: S.S. Mallikarjuna Rao || Headquarters: New Delhi, India.
1. New Acquisition of NTPC
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited has concluded the acquisition of two hydro power generating firms, Tehri Hydro Power Complex and North Eastern Electric Power Corporation.
- Headquarters of NTPC: New Delhi || Chairman & MD of NTPC: Gurdeep Singh.
Science and Technology News
1. Project ‘Isaac’
- IIT Gandhinagar has launched Project ‘Isaac’ to engage students in creative projects during Corona lock-down.
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
1. Earth Hour 2020
- Every year, the Earth Hour is celebrated worldwide on the last Saturday of the March.
- It is encouraged by World Wildlife Fund to switch lights off from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- The World Wide Fund for Nature is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of wilderness preservation, and the reduction of human impact on the environment. It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States.
- World Wide Fund for Nature: Headquarter- Gland, Switzerland
1. Floyd Cardoz passes away
- Indian-born international chef Floyd Cardoz passed away due to Covid-19 in the USA.
- Floyd Cardoz was an Indian-born American chef. He was born in Mumbai. He is noted for his respective ownership and executive chef tenures at the New York City eateries Paowalla and Tabla, as well as his victory on Top Chef Masters in 2011.
2. Satish Gujral passes away
- Renowned Artist and architect Satish Gujral has passed away.
- Satish Gujral was an Indian painter, sculptor, muralist and writer of the post-independent era. He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian award of the Republic of India, in 1999. His elder brother, Inder Kumar Gujral, was the Prime Minister of India between 1997 and 1998.
3. Nemai Ghosh passes away
- Veteran photographer and Padma Shri awardee Nemai Ghosh has passed away.
- Nemai Ghosh was a noted Indian photographer most known for working with Satyajit Ray, as a still photographer for over two decades, starting with GoopyGyneBaghaByne till Ray’s last film Agantuk. He was a jury member at the 2007 National Film Awards, and was awarded the Padma Shri by Government of India in 2010.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Shilpa Shetty with ‘Fit India Movement’
- ‘Fit India Movement’ has teamed up with Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty Kundra.
- Aim: To provide free access of the Shilpa Shetty Kundra’s premium 21-Day Weight Loss Programme during the 21-day lockdown owing to Covid-19 pandemic.
2. Japan International Cooperation Agency and Mumbai Metro
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has signed an agreement with Indian Government to provide a loan of Rs 2480 crore for Mumbai Metro.
- The Japan International Cooperation Agency is a governmental agency that coordinates Official Development Assistance for the government of Japan. It is chartered with assisting economic and social growth in developing countries, and the promotion of international cooperation.