Daily Current Affairs 28 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Loan for Biopharma Mission
- World Bank has sanctioned Rs.1,600 cr for development of vaccines.
- The goal is to have 6 to 10 new products within 5 years.
2. Modi launches Van Dhan scheme
- The scheme will have the potential to change tribal-rural economic system.
- 10 Self Help groups of 30 Tribal Gatherers would be constituted under this scheme.
3. Mumbai to host food conference
- The conference will look at food from views of history, archaeology and sociology.
- ’ArchaeBroma’ is India’s first national meet on ‘food as culture’ .
1. Mike Pompeo sworn in as the new Secretary of State
- Mike Pompeotook over as America’s top diplomat on Thursday after being confirmed by the Senate. He isformer CIA chief.
- Pompeo will replace Rex Tillerson.
2. Christine Burgener appointed as envoy on Myanmar
- UN Sec Gen Antonio Guterres has appointed Christine Schraner Burgener as his envoy on Myanmar.
- Burgener was the Ambassador of Switzerland to Germany since 2015.
3. Maharashtra signs MoU with British Council
- This is to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation.
- The areas to be focused include English teaching and enhance employability skills in training institutes.
4. Modi invites Xi for informal summit
- PM Modi has invited Chinese Prez Xi Jinping for an informal summit in India.
- Modi called for better Indo-China ties that accounts for 40% of world’s population.
1. NITI Aayog and ITC to collaborate
- They will partner for 4 years in the field of agriculture.
- The objective is to reduce cost of production and increase net returns.
2. Google most trusted Internet brand in India
- Google is followed by Facebook, Amazon and eBay.
- Snapdeal fell by 142 ranks.
3. RIL posts 17.26% rise in profit
- The profit rose to Rs.9,435 cr for March quarter.
- RIL’s revenue increased by 39% to Rs.1.29 lakh cr.
4. High gender pay gap in India
- The gap is 16.1% since there are fewer women at higher paying roles.
- The gap is 12.1% in China.
1. Saudi hosts its 1st WWE event
- This comes with the new 10-yr partnership with World Wrestling Entertainment.
- Women and kids were allowed as spectators for ‘Greatest Royal Rumble’.
2. Neeraj Chopra recommended for Khel Ratna
- He is the 1st ever Indian to win gold in Javelin throw at CWG.
- Also, PT Usha has been nominated for Dronacharya Award.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15