Daily Current Affairs 28 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Deenanath Mangeshkar Award
- Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar, Scriptwriter Salim Khan and Actress Helen were honoured with Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Award.
- Deenanath Mangeshkar was a well-known Marathi theatre actor, a renowned Natya Sangeet musician and a Hindustani classical vocalist. He is also the father of well-known singers Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Meena Khadikar and Usha Mangeshkar as well as composer Hridaynath Mangeshkar.
2. ‘MERA (Malaria Elimination Research Alliance) India’
- Indian Council of Medical Research has launched ‘MERA (Malaria Elimination Research Alliance) India’ initiative.
- The aim is to prioritise, plan and scale up research to eliminate the Malaria from India by 2030.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world.
- Secretary & Director General: Dr.Balram Bhargava || Headquarters: New Delhi || Abbreviation: ICMR || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 1911 || Type of business: Government
3. Book ‘Politics of Jugaad: The Coalition Handbook’
- The book ‘Politics of Jugaad: The Coalition Handbook’ has been authored by journalist Saba Naqvi.
- Other Books of Saba Naqvi: In Good Faith: A Journey in Search of an Unknown India, Shades of Saffron: From Vajpayee to Modi
- Author, Journalist and Commentator, Saba Naqvi is one of India’s best known political analysts.
1. Workers’ Memorial Day
- Workers’ Memorial Day, International Workers’ Memorial Day or International Commemoration Day for Dead and Injured or Day of Mourning takes place annually around the world on April 28.
- It is an international day of remembrance and action for workers killed, disabled, injured or made unwell by their work.
- Theme :- ‘Dangerous substances – get them out of the workplace’.
2. World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work is observed on 28th April.
- The World Day for Safety and Health at Work is an annual international campaign to promote safe, healthy and decent work.
- It is held on 28 April and has been observed by the International Labour Organization (ILO) since 2003.
- The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social justice and promote decent work by setting international labour standards.
3. World Press Freedom Hero Award
- Cyril Almeida has been selected as the recipient of its 71st World Press Freedom Hero award.
- World Press Freedom Hero award is awarded by International Press Institute.
- Cyril Almeida is an assistant editor and columnist at Pakistani daily ‘Dawn’ and is currently facing sedition charges in the country.
4. Exit Visa system and Kafala with Qatar
- Qatar has introduced a series of labour reforms after it was selected to host 2022 World Cup(FIFA).
- Qatar will abolish its controversial exit visa system for all foreign workers by the end of 2019.
- “kafala”, or sponsorship, system which required that foreign workers obtain permission from their employers to leave the country.
1. Aegon Life with MobiKwik
- Aegon Life Insurance and MobiKwik have launched a smart Digital Insurance Product.
- It will be termed as ‘Aegon Life Group Term Plus Plan’.
- Rs 20 in premium for a sum assured of Rs 2 lakhs
- MobiKwik is an Indian company founded in 2009 that provides a mobile phone based payment system and digital wallet. Customers add money to an online wallet that can be used for payments.
2. Ban on personality quiz apps on Facebook
- Facebook has banned on personality quiz apps on its platform as this decision is taken after last years Cambridge Analytica Scandal.
- In Cambridge Analytica Scandal in which access personal information of about 87 million facebooks users by using quiz app “thisisyourdigitallife”.
- Cambridge Analytica Ltd (CA) was a British political consulting firm which combined data mining, data brokerage, and data analysis with strategic communication during the electoral processes.
- The company closed operations in 2018 in the course of the Facebook–Cambridge Analytica data scandal, although related firms still exist.
- In India, Cambridge Analytica had been used by the two largest political parties, BJP and Congress (INC) to carry out “in-depth electorate analysis” and influence voters, including in the 2010 elections to the Bihar Legislative Assembly.
3. Suresh Mathur Committee
- IRDAI has set up a 13 member committee to review regulatory framework on micro insurance.
- Head of the committee : Suresh Mathur
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
- Website: irdai.gov.in || Founded: 1999 || Sector: Insurance || Headquarters: Hyderabad || Type: Statutory corporation || Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
4. GitHub with India
- GitHub has announced “major investments” in India as India is the third largest community of GitHub Users.
- GitHub is a web-based hosting service for version control using Git. It is mostly used for computer code. It offers all of the distributed version control and source code management functionality of Git as well as adding its own features.
- GitHub was acquired by Microsoft in a $7.5-billion deal in 2018
1. Asian Snooker Tour Title
- Pankaj Advani has defeated Ehsan Heydari Nezhad of Iran to win Asian Snooker Tour title.
- Pankaj Arjan Advani is an Indian billiards and snooker player from India. He is a 21-time World Champion and has achieved a hat-trick of hat-tricks in English billiards, holding the World, Asian, and Indian National Championship titles simultaneously, in three different years: 2005, 2008 and 2012 and recently in 2017.
2. India Golf Industry Association (GIA) awards
- Gaganjeet Bhullar has won the ‘Outstanding Achievement as a player’ award at 4th edition of India Golf Industry Association (GIA) awards.
- Gaganjeet Singh Bhullar is an Indian professional golfer who plays on the Asian Tour. He was awarded Arjuna Award in 2013.
3. Arjuna Award Recommendations
- Table Tennis Federation of India :- Madhurika Patkar, Harmeet Desai and Sanil Shetty
- BCCI :- Mohammad Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja and women’s team leg-spinner Poonam Yadav
- All India Football Federation :- Goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu and forward Jeje Lalpekhlua
- The Arjuna Awards are given by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India to recognize outstanding achievement in sports. Started in 1961, the award carries a cash prize of ₹ 5,00,000, a bronze statue of Arjuna and a scroll.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,28 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30