Daily Current Affairs 28 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. MSME Day
- Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day is celebrated each year on 27 June.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, a branch of the Government of India, is the apex body for the formulation and administration of rules, regulations and laws relating to micro, small and medium enterprises in India.
- Officeholders: Giriraj Singh (MOS independent charge)
2. Purvanchal Expressway
- UP Government has approved a loan of Rs 2000 crore for Purvanchal expressway.
- The Lucknow-Azamgarh-Ballia- Expressway now renamed as Purvanchal Expressway is an under construction.
- The expressway will connect the historic towns of Ghazipur and Azamgarh with the state capital, Lucknow.
3. New Governor of Manipur
- Nagaland Governor P B Acharya sworn in as new Governor of Manipur.
- Manipur :- Capital: Imphal || Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
- Nagaland :- Capital: Kohima || Chief minister: Neiphiu Rio
4. Ministry of Shipping with IIT Kharagpur
- Ministry of Shipping with IIT Kharagpur have signed an MoU to set up ‘Centre for Inland and Coastal Maritime Technology’.
- Aim :- Indigenisation of ship designing, building and testing.
1. Non-Permanent Seat of UNSC
- Group of Asia-Pacific at United Nations has unanimously endorsed India’s candidature for a non-permanent seat on United Nations Security Council.
- It will be for a two-year term 2021-2022.
- India’s Ambassador and Permanent Representative to United Nations :- Syed Akbaruddin
- India has served as a non-permanent member of the UNSC for seven terms.
2. Miss Universe Australia 2019
- India-born Priya Serrao has been crowned Miss Universe Australia 2019.
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison || Capital: Canberra || Currency: Australian dollar
3. White House Press Secretary and Communications Director
- Stephanie Grisham will be the next White House Press Secretary and Communications Director replacing Sarah Sanders.
- It was announced by First Lady Melania Trump.
- She was a member of Donald Trump’s presidential transition team.
4. 20th SAARC summit
- The 20th SAARC summit is the 20th meeting of the heads of state or heads of government of the eight SAARC countries after their previous meeting in Pakistan was boycotted by all SAARC members.
- The 20th SAARC summit will take place in 2020 at Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is the regional intergovernmental organization and geopolitical union of states in South Asia.
- Its member states include Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- SAARC comprises 3% of the world’s area, 21% of the world’s population.
- Akshay Kumar has invested in wearable tech startupGOQii and also joined the company’s board as the strategic advisor, partner, and brand ambassador.
- Vishal Gondal is the Founder and CEO of GOQii.
2. Managing Director of Boeing Defence India
- Boeing has appointed Surendra Ahuja as the Managing Director of Boeing Defence India.
- The Boeing Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites, comms gear and missiles worldwide. The company also provides leasing and product support services.
- CEO: Dennis Muilenburg || Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, United States
3. Adani Power’s New Acquisition
- Adani Power will acquire GMR Chhattisgarh Energy with 52.38% stake.
- Adani Power Limited, formerly Adani Power Private Limited is the power business subsidiary of Indian conglomerate Adani Group with head office at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Parent organization: Adani Group || CEO: VneetJaain || Headquarters: Ahmedabad
4. TRA’s Brand Trust of India Report for 2019
- 1. Dell
- 2. Jeep
- 3. LIC
- 4. Amazon
- 5. Apple iPhone
1. Mallorca Open Title 2019
- Sofia Kenin of the United States has won Mallorca Open Title 2019 defeating Belinda Bencic of Switzerland.
- The 4th edition of Mallorca Open Title 2019 was held in Mallorca, Spain
2. India’s 63rd Grandmaster
- Girish A. Koushik from Mysuru has become India’s 63rd Grandmaster at the 37th Balaton International Chess Festival in Hungary.
- Chess is a two-player strategy board game played on a checkered board with 64 squares arranged in an 8×8 grid. The game is played by millions of people worldwide. Chess is believed to be derived from the Indian game chaturanga sometime before the 7th century.
3. IOA President
- Indian Olympic Association President Narinder Batra has been elected as a member of International Olympic Committee.
- The Indian Olympic Association is the body responsible for selecting athletes to represent India at the Olympic Games, Asian Games and other international athletic meets and for managing the Indian teams at these events.
- The International Olympic Committee is a non-governmental sports organisation based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Created by Pierre de Coubertin and Demetrios Vikelas in 1894, it is the authority responsible for organising the modern Summer and Winter Olympic Games.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30