Daily Current Affairs 28 May 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 May 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 May 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 May 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Tree Ambulance’ service
- ‘Tree Ambulance’ service was launched by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu in Chennai.
- ‘Tree Ambulance’ service is an initiative to provide care to trees besides spread green cover.
- website- www.treeambulance.org
2. India’s youngest Member of Parliament
- Chandrani Murmu is currently the youngest Indian Member of Parliament.
- Chandrani Murmu is an Indian politician. She was elected to the Lok Sabha, lower house of the Parliament of India from Keonjhar, Odisha in the 2019 Indian general election as a member of the Biju Janata Dal.
- The Biju Janata Dal is a state political party of the Indian state of Odisha led by Naveen Patnaik, the current Chief Minister of Odisha and the son of former Chief minister Biju Patnaik, after whom the party was named. It was founded on 26 December 1997.
3. Veer Savarkar Birth Aniversary
- Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, popularly known as Veer Savarkar, was an Indian independence activist, politician, lawyer, writer, and the formulator of the Hindutva philosophy.
- Born: 28 May 1883, Bhagur
4. India’s largest liquid hydrogen storage tank
- ISRO Chairman K Sivan has flagged off the shipment of India’s largest liquid hydrogen storage tank in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh.
- Liquid nitrogen is nitrogen in a liquid state at an extremely low temperature. It is a colourless liquid with a density of 0.807 g/ml.
1. ‘Artemis’ 2024 Moon Mission
- NASA has unveiled schedule for ‘Artemis’ 2024 Moon mission.
- The original lunar missions were named for Apollo.
- Artemis was Apollo’s twin sister in Greek mythology, and the goddess of hunting, wilderness, and the Moon.
2. World’s largest nuclear-powered icebreaker
- Russia has launched the world’s largest nuclear-powered icebreaker named ‘Ural’.
- It was inducted by Russia’s Rosatom Atomic Energy Corporation.
- Rosatom State Nuclear Energy Corporation, the State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom, or the Rosatom State Corporation, is a Russian state corporation headquartered in Moscow that specializes in nuclear energy.
3. Menstrual Hygiene Day
- Menstrual Hygiene Day is an annual awareness day on May 28 to highlight the importance of good menstrual hygiene management.
- It was initiated by the German-based NGO WASH United in 2014 and aims to benefit women and girls worldwide.
- Theme :- ‘It’s Time for Action’.
1. UN-Habitat Assembly
- India has been elected to the Executive Board of first UN-Habitat Assembly in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The United Nations Human Settlements Programme is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development.
- It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the First UN Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976.
- Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya || Head: Maimunah Mohd Sharif || Parent organization: United Nations General Assembly || Founded: 1978
2. The 72nd World Health Assembly
- The 72nd World Health Assembly was held in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Professor Balram Bhargava was honoured with 2019 Dr Lee Jong-wook Memorial Prize for Public Health.
- Professor Balram Bhargava is the Director General of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
3. 56th Maharashtra State Film Awards
- John Bailey has attended the 56th Maharashtra State Film Awards in Mumbai as chief guest.
- John Bailey is the President of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences.
- John Ira Bailey is an American cinematographer and film director known for his collaborations with directors Paul Schrader, Lawrence Kasdan, Michael Apted, and Ken Kwapis.
1. Indian Women’s League
- Sethu FC has won Indian Women’s League Champions defeating Manipur Police SC.
- Indian Women’s League: Established – 2016 || Run by – All India Football Federation (AIFF)
2. Top ODI all-rounders
- 1. Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh)
- 2. Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)
- 3. Mohammad Nabi (Afghanistan)
- Kedar Jadhav 12th and Hardik Pandya 20th.
3. UEFA Europa League
- Chelsea has won UEFA Europa League defeating Arsenal FC in the final.
- The UEFA Europa League is an annual football club competition organised by UEFA since 1971 for eligible European football clubs. Clubs qualify for the competition based on their performance in their national leagues and cup competitions.
- Qualifier for: UEFA Super Cup; UEFA Champions League
- Most successful club(s): Sevilla (5 titles)
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,28 May
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15
- Daily Current Affairs: May 16
- Daily Current Affairs: May 17
- Daily Current Affairs: May 18
- Daily Current Affairs: May 19
- Daily Current Affairs: May 20
- Daily Current Affairs: May 21
- Daily Current Affairs: May 22
- Daily Current Affairs: May 23
- Daily Current Affairs: May 24
- Daily Current Affairs: May 25
- Daily Current Affairs: May 26
- Daily Current Affairs: May 27
- Daily Current Affairs: May 28
- Daily Current Affairs: May 29
- Daily Current Affairs: May 30
- Daily Current Affairs: May 31