Daily Current Affairs 28 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2019
- India Infoline Finance Limited has released Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2019.
- For the 8th consecutive year, Mukesh Ambani, Chairman, Reliance Industries has topped the list of richest Indians. According to the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List, Ambani secured the first rank with a net worth of Rs 3,80,700 crore.
- 1. Mukesh Ambani (Chairman of Reliance Industries)
- 2. SP Hinduja (Hinduja Group)
- 3. Azim Premji(Wipro)
- 4. LN Mittal (Chairman and CEO of Arcelor Mittal)
- 5. Gautam Adani (Adani Group)
2. Agriculture-related Mobile Apps
- Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched two agriculture-related mobile apps.
- 1. CHC Farm Machinery
- 2. KrishiKisan App for Geo Tagging
- These Apps will enable farmers to have easy access to agricultural equipment at their doorstep.
3. ‘Professor Ayushman’ Comic Book
- ‘Professor Ayushman’ comic book has been released by Ministry of Ayush in New Delhi.
- The book is compiled by National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB).
- The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa and Homoeopathy, abbreviated as AYUSH, is a governmental body in India purposed with developing, education and research in the field of alternative medicine.
- Officeholder: ShripadNaik (MOS independent charge)
4. Mukhyamantri Kirayedaar Bijli Meter Yojna
- ‘Mukhyamantri Kirayedaar Bijli Meter Yojna’ is for the tenants living in Delhi and for them 200 units of electricity will be free.
- The current Lt. Governor of Delhi is Anil Baijal.
5. AponarAponGhar Scheme
- Assam Government has launched a housing loan subsidy scheme ‘AponarAponGhar’.
- It is aimed at providing financial assistance on purchase or construction of the first house for a family.
6. India’s First Transgender Library
- India’s First Transgender Library has been opened as part of Transgender Resource Centre in Madurai.
- Aim: To increase awareness about the ambisexual people in the country.
1. India International Science Festival
- The 5th edition of India International Science Festival (IISF) will be held in Kolkata in November.
- Theme: ‘RISEN India – Research, Innovation, and Science Empowering the Nation’.
- Major Government Sponsoring Bodies for the Event
- Department of Science & Technology (DST)
- Department of Biotechnology
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Indian Council of Medical Research
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
2. Exercise Malabar 2019
- The 23rd edition of the trilateral maritime exercise ‘Malabar 2019’ among India, Japan and the USA has begun at Sasebo, Japan.
- Chief of the Naval Staff of India: Admiral Karambir Singh.
3. IMF’s New Chief
- Bulgarian Economist Kristalina Georgieva has been appointed as the new Managing Director of IMF.
- IMF: Headquarters: Washington || Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath || Membership: 189 countries || Location: Headquartered in Washington
1. Preventive Vigilance Portal by PNB
- Punjab National Bank has introduced first of its kind Preventive Vigilance Portal.
- Aim: To facilitate all staff members to contribute towards arresting procedural lapses and unhealthy practices at a function held at PNB Corporate Office.
- PNB: Founded: 19 May 1894 || Headquarters: New Delhi || Managing Director: Sunil Mehta || Tagline: The Name you can Bank Upon
2. Visa’s New Brand Ambassador
- Visa has appointed Badminton Player PV Sindhu as its Brand Ambassador.
- Visa Inc. is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in Foster City, California, United States. It facilitates electronic funds transfers throughout the world, most commonly through Visa-branded credit cards, gift cards, and debit cards.
- CEO: Alfred F Kelly Jr || Headquarters: San Francisco, California
3. Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister
- Government has reconstituted Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) for 2 years.
- Chairman: Dr.Bibek Debroy.
- Member Secretary: Ratan P. Watal.
- EAC-PM is a non-constitutional, non-permanent and independent body constituted to give economic advice to the Government of India, specifically the Prime Minister on key economic issues like inflation, microfinance, and industrial output.
4. Global SME Business Summit
- The 16th Global SME (Small and Medium Enterprises) Business Summit for 2019 was held in New Delhi.
- Theme: ‘Making Indian MSMEs Globally Competitive’.
- The summit organized by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) and Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
1. IAAF Veteran Pin
- Former Sprinter PT Usha was presented the Veteran Pin by International Association of Athletics Federations.
- PT Usha won five gold medals 100m, 200m, 400m, 400m hurdles and the 4x400m relay besides a bronze at the 1985 Asian Games in Jakarta.
- Her most memorable performance came in the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics where she missed the bronze by one-hundredth of a second thus becoming the first Indian to reach the finals of the 400m hurdles.
2. IBSF World Snooker
- Indian team of Pankaj Advani and Aditya Mehta has won the ‘IBSF World Snooker Title defeating Thailand in the final.
- IBSF World Snooker Team Event was held in Mandalay, Myanmar.
3. Adille Sumariwalla
- Adille Sumariwalla has been elected as the member of International Association of Athletics Federations council.
- He is presently serving as the president of the Athletics Federation of India (AFI).
4. IAAF chief
- Britain’s Sebastian Coe was re-elected as the chief of the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) for a second term.
- IAAF: headquarters- Monaco || Formation- 17 July 1912.
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30