Daily Current Affairs 28 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Lakhwar Multipurpose Project
- It is an MOU between Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Chief Ministers of Uttarakhand, UP, HP, Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi.
- Lakhwar Multipurpose Project will be constructed on Yamuna near Dehradun
- The project will benefit all six states in terms of river flow, drinking water, irrigation and electricity.
2. International Arbitration Award
- Reliance Power Netherlands BV has won an international arbitration award($56 million).
- Reliance Power Netherlands BV is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Power.
3. 3rd Indian Ocean Conference
- Sushma Swaraj has inaugurated 3rd Indian Ocean Conference in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Vietnam:- Capital: Hanoi , Currency: Vietnamese dong , Official language: Vietnamese
4. India’s first biofuel-powered flight
- Spice Jet has operated a flight from Dehradun to Delhi using biofuel(experimental Basis).
- The aim is to make air travel economical and to tackle high fuel price.
1. 4th Asian Electoral Stakeholders Forum
- It has begun in Colombo,Sri Lanka.
- The aim is to have a platform for constructive discussion of elections and democracy in the region.
- Theme:-‘Advancing Election Transparency and Integrity: Promoting and Defending Democracy Together’.
2. US senator passes away
- US senator John McCain has passed away at 81 after a battle with brain cancer. The long-time Republican was diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer called glioblastoma in July, 2017..
- He served as a pilot in the US Navy during the Vietnam War.
3. Nissan’s electric car
- Nissan has launched the production of electric car which mainly focus China Market Segment.
- Nissan Motor Company Ltd, usually shortened to Nissan, is a Japanese multinational automobile manufacturer headquartered in Nishi-ku, Yokohama.
1. World’s best bank for digital innovation
- DBS Bank is named as the world’s best bank for digital innovation.
- The report is published by Global Finance magazine.
2. Google-Tez is now Google-Pay
- Google Tez is now rebranded as Google-Pay.
- Google(Google Pay) has partnered with four private banks(HDFC Bank Ltd., ICICI Bank Ltd., Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. and Federal Bank Ltd.) to offer consumer loans online.
3. Berkshire Hathaway’s investment in Paytm
- Berkshire Hathaway has made an investment in One97 Communications(Paytm’s parent).
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. is an American multinational conglomerate holding company headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, United States.
4. Goldman Sachs’ New Appointments
- Goldman Sachs has appointed Prachi Mishra as MD and chief India economist of the company.
- She was ex-RBI research head(strategic research unit).
1. 2019 Asian youth weightlifting championships
- North Korea will host 2019 Asian youth weightlifting championships.
- It will commence from October 27, 2019.
2. Asian Games-2018
- India Hockey Team scored 76 goals in Pool Stage and defeated Sri Lanka 20-0 in last pool games.
- In Table Tennis India bagged bronze in Team event.
- India settled for silver in both the men’s and women’s compound team finals.
3. Asian Games-2018-Badminton
- PV Sindhu lose to Tai Tzu-Ying(Chinese Taipei) 13-21, 16-21 to bag India’s first ever silver in badminton singles.
- Saina Nehwal won bronze medal.
4. Asian Games-2018-KURASH Game
- Pincky Balhara and Malaprabha Jadhav reached the semi-finals in the women’s 52kg category.
- Kurash is one of the Turkic terms for “wrestling” and specifically refers to a number of folk wrestling styles practiced in Central Asia. The wrestling is the main competition at the folk festival Sabantuy.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15