Daily Current Affairs 28 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Supersonic Interceptor missile has been successfully test-fired by India.
- An incoming hostile Prithvi missile has been successfully destroyed by India’s indigenously developed supersonic Advanced Air Defence(AAD) interceptor over the Bay of Bengal during its third test-fire.
- The interceptor which was positioned at Abdul Kalam Island in the Bay of Bengal, destroyed the target at a 30km altitude.
2.Jet Airways and Air India received maximum number of complaints in 2017.
- The national carrier Air India and private carrier Jet Airways received the maximum number of complaints in 3 years, informed by Civil Aviation Ministry.
- Both the airlines together received 66.7% of the total complaints in 2017.
3.2017’s most trending hashtag is “Mann ki Baat”.
- ’Mann Ki Baat’ radio programme has emerged as the most trending hashtag on Twitter in 2017.
- It was followed by Jallikattu and GST. Other famous hashtags were Mumbai Rains, Triple Talaq, Demonetization, Swachh Bharat, Gujarat Elections and Aadhar.
4.UP govt allocated Rs.7.8 cr for counting animals.
- Rs7.8 crores are allocated for conducting a census of cows, buffaloes, pigs, goats, sheep in the state.
- The UP government has decided to organize fairs for providing medical aid and insurance to the animals. The insurance premium will be borne by cattle owners, state Health Minister SN Singh said.
1.Obama named as the most admired man in US.
- Barack Obama has been named as the most admired man in the country for the 10th year in arrow, securing 17% votes in a poll conducted by Gallup.
- Donald Trump is on the second place with 14% votes while Hilary Clinton is named as the most admired woman.
2.Satellites worth $45 million lost in space.
- Russian space agency Roscosmos has lost contact with the weather satellite launched on Nov 28, as the rocket carrying the satellites had been programmed with wrong co-ordinates.
- The rocket was launched from Russia’s new Vostochny cosmodrome instead of a cosmodrome from Kazakhstan, as was programmed.
3.Chinese drills are posing threat to our national security: Taiwan.
- Taiwan will slowly get used to our Air Force drills that encircle the island, China said. Taiwan refuses to acknowledge itself as a part of Chinese territory has accused China of posing threats to its national security.
- China has allegedly conducted 16 air force drills close to Taiwan in the past year.
4.Atleast 40 killed in suicide attack in Afghanistan.
- Officials said that at least 40 were killed and 30 others were injured in a suicide attack on a news agency office and nearby Shia cultural center in Kabul.
- Responsibility for the attack has not been claimed yet.
1.Rs.8 lakh penalty imposed on Emami Chairman by SEBI.
- In a case related to Amrutanjan Healthcare(AHL), market regulator SEBI has imposed penalty on Emami chairman RS Agarwal.
- SEBI recently also imposed a penalty of Rs.10 lakh on Tata Steel.
2.Apple CEO earned Rs.654 crores in 2017.
- After receiving a 74% increase in annual bonus, Apple CEO Tim Cook earned about $102 million in fiscal 2017.
- This comes after a 36.7% increase in the company’s stock prices in the fiscal 2017.
3.BigBasket posts 107% jump in revenue for fiscal year 2017.
- Bengaluru based online grocer BigBasket has posted a 107% year-on-year jump in revenue to Rs.1,090 crore for FY17, while it losses increased to Rs.191 crore from Rs.103 crore.
- Alibaba is also investing a reported amount of $300 million to acquire a stake in BigBasket.
1.Alastair Cook became the sixth highest run-scorer.
- Former England captain Alastair Cook, who started his innings in the Melbourne Ashes Test as the ninth highest Test run-scorer, became the sixth highest run-scorer during his unbeaten 244-run knock.
- Cook has now scored 11,956 Test runs, overtook Mahela Jayawardene, Shivnarine Chanderpaul and Brian Lara.
2.Anisa won Women’s 25m Pistol with New National Record.
- Anisa Sayyed won gold with a new record at the ongoing 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions, Kerala. Anisa shot a new finals national record score of 33.
- 60th National shooting Championship Competitions was held in Pune, Maharashtra. National Rifle Association of India(NRAI) was founded in 1951.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15