Daily Current Affairs 28 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Train 18
- Train 18 is an Indian semi-high speed train, an intercity electric multiple unit, a type of self-propelled train without a separate dedicated locomotive. It was designed and built by Integral Coach Factory Chennai under the Indian government’s Make in India Initiative over a span of 18 months.
- Train 18 will replace the current Shatabdi Express.
- Shatabdi Express trains are a series of fast passenger trains operated by Indian Railways to connect Metro cities with other cities important for tourism, pilgrimage or business. Shatabdi Express are day-trains and they return to the station of origin the same day.
2. National Children Science Congress
- The 26th National Children Science Congress has been inaugurated by CM Naveen Patnaik in Bhubaneswar.
- Bhubaneswar is an ancient city in India’s eastern state of Odisha, formerly Orissa. Many temples built from sandstone are dotted around Bindu Sagar Lake in the old city, including the 11th-century Hindu Lingaraja Temple. Outside Rajarani Temple are sculpted figures of the guardians of the 8 cardinal and ordinal directions. Jain antiques, weaponry and indigenous pattachitra paintings fill the Odisha State Museum.
3. Samadhi of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Sadaiv Atal is the Samadhi of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee near Rajghat in New Delhi.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee was an Indian politician who served three terms as the Prime Minister of India: first for a term of 13 days in 1996, then for a period of 13 months from 1998 to 1999, and finally, for a full term from 1999 to 2004.
4. Dwijing Festival
- Dwijing Festival has started on the bank of Aye river at Chirang, Assam.
- It is organised by Assam Tourism and Bodoland Tourism.
5. Mrs. India 2018 title
- Divya Patidar Joshi from Madhya Pradesh was crowned with the Mrs. India 2018.
- The event Mrs. India My Identity Beauty Pageant 2018 finale held in New Delhi.
1. Israel to take its medical cannabis global
- Israel is now the 3rd country after the Netherlands and Canada to approve the law to permit exports of medical marijuana.
- Israel:- Capital: Jerusalem || Currency: Israeli new shekel.
2. President of FedEx Express
- Rajesh Subramaniam has been named as the President and CEO of FedEx Express.
- FedEx Corporation is an American multinational courier delivery services company headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee. The name “FedEx” is a syllabic abbreviation of the name of the company’s original air division, Federal Express, which was used from 1973 until 2000.
3. The intercontinental ‘Avangard’ system
- Russia successfully tested hypersonic missile The intercontinental ‘Avangard’ system.
- The hypersonic missile could guide at 20 times the speed of sound and manoeuvre up and down.
1. Economic Capital Framework committee
- Economic Capital Framework committee is constituted by RBI to address the issue of excess reserves with the central bank.
- It will be headed by former governor Bimal Jalan.
- Bimal Jalan is a former Governor of Reserve Bank of India and was a nominated member of the Upper House of India’s Parliament, the Rajya Sabha during 2003–2009.
2. AI-powered robot ‘USTAAD’
- Under-gear Surveillance Through Artificial Intelligence Assisted Droid or “USTAAD” is developed by Indian Railways (Central Railway’s Nagpur division).
- It is equipped with HD cameras to monitor parts of the railway coaches and transmit the information and Data to concern authorities in real-time over WiFi.
3. ‘Champions of Change’ award
- The following people have been awarded with ‘Champions of Change’ award by VP M Venkaiah Naidu for exemplary leadership in governance.
- Manipur CM N Biren Singh
- Union Minister of State for Food Processing Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Sudarshan
- Member of Parliament Nishikant Dubey
- The award was instituted by the Centre to identify remarkable progress made in 115 Aspirational districts which is being monitored by NITI Aayog.
4. Second ‘Delta’ ranking under Aspirational Districts Programme
- Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu reflected the most improvement Aspirational District.
- Pakur, Jharkhand reflected the least improvement Aspirational District.
- The Aspirational District Programme was launched by the Prime Minister on January 5, 2018. It aims to rapidly transform the districts that have shown relatively lesser progress in key social areas and have emerged as pockets of under-development, thereby posing a challenge to ensure balanced regional development.
1. Swarna Samman Award
- Mithali Raj was honoured with the Swarna Samman award by Australian Diamonds retail partner Senco Gold and Diamonds.
- She is the official ambassador for Rio Tinto’s Australian Diamonds programme.
2. World’s first solo trek across Antarctica
- Adventurer Colin O’Brady from USA has completed world’s first solo trek across Antarctica without any aid.
- 54 days to complete around 1600km from north to south of Antarctica.
- Antarctica, the southernmost continent and site of the South Pole, is a virtually uninhabited, ice-covered landmass. Most cruises to the continent visit the Antarctic Peninsula, which stretches toward South America. It’s known for the Lemaire Channel and Paradise Harbor, striking, iceberg-flanked passageways, and Port Lockroy, a former British research station turned museum. The peninsula’s isolated terrain also shelters rich wildlife, including many penguins.
3. Balkan Athlete of the Year
- Croatia captain Luka Modrić was named Balkan Athlete of the Year.
- He defeated Serbia’s world number one tennis player Novak Djokovic.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24
- Daily Current Affairs: December 25
- Daily Current Affairs: December 26
- Daily Current Affairs: December 27
- Daily Current Affairs: December 28