Daily Current Affairs 28 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. World’s Largest Bhagavad Gita
- PM Modi has unveiled the world’s largest Bhagavad Gita at ISKCON temple in south Delhi.
- It has 670 pages, weighs 800 kg and is 2.80 metre tall and 2.00 metre wide
2. National e-Governance Awards 2019
- Minister of State in PMO, Dr Jitendra Singh had presented National e-Governance Awards, 2019 in New Delhi.
- 14 Awards were given in 6 categories to recognize achievements in the area of e-Governance.
3. Book: The Fate Of Butterflies
- Nayantara Sahgal has unveiled her new novel ‘The Fate Of Butterflies’.
- Nayantara Sahgal is an Indian writer who writes in English. She is a member of the Nehru–Gandhi family, the second of the three daughters born to Jawaharlal Nehru’s sister, Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit.
4. National Science Day
- National Science Day is celebrated in India on 28 February each year to mark the discovery of the Raman effect by Indian physicist Sir C. V. Raman on 28 February 1928.
- For his discovery, Sir C.V. Raman was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930.
- Theme :- ‘Science for people and people for science’.
1. New Nigerian President
- Muhammadu Buhari has been re-elected as Nigerian President.
- Nigeria Capital: Abuja, Currency: Nigerian naira.
2. Presidency of the 15-nation UN Security Council
- The Rotating monthly Presidency of the 15-nation UN Security Council will go from Equatorial Guinea to France on March 1.
- The Security Council has primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security. It has 15 Members, and each Member has one vote. Under the Charter of the United Nations, all Member States are obligated to comply with Council decisions.
- The Security Council consists of five permanent members (China, France, Russian Federation, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and United States of America) and 10 non-permanent members elected by the General Assembly for a term of two years.
3. Rare Disease Day
- Rare Disease Day is an observance held on the last day of February to raise awareness for rare diseases and improve access to treatment and medical representation for individuals with rare diseases and their families.
- According to WHO, a disease found in less than 6.5-10 people per 10,000 people is defined as rare.
- Theme :- Bridging health and social care’.
4. Donald Trump with Kim Jong-un
- Kim Jong Un and U.S. President Donald Trump met in Vietnam on Wednesday for a second summit that the United States hopes will persuade North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons in exchange for promises of peace and development.
- Trump and Kim held a 20-minute, one-on-one chat before sitting down to dinner with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Trump’s acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney, Kim’s top envoy, Kim Yong Chol, and North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho.
1. Bank of Baroda with KfW Development Bank
- Bank of Baroda and KfW Development Bank have signed an agreement to refinance solar projects.
- The funding is of USD 113 million as a part of an Indo-German Solar Energy Partnership.
- The KfW is a German Government-Owned Development Bank, based in Frankfurt.
2. Hurun Global Rich List
- Mukesh Ambani, at 8th position, has become the first Indian to break into the top-ten of the Hurun Global Rich List.
- Jeff Bezos of Amazon has topped the list.
3. IRCTC iPay
- Indian Rail Catering and Tourism Corporation has launched its payment aggregator system ‘IRCTC iPay’.
- IRCTC is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian railways, is the world’s second busiest and highest of 15 to 16 lakh tickets every day. Its tagline is “Lifeline of the nation”.
4. ISRO’s electronic intelligence satellite ‘Emisat’
- ISRO will launch an electronic intelligence satellite ‘Emisat’ for the DRDO in March.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration.”
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founder: Vikram Sarabhai || Founded: 15 August 1969 || Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan || Subsidiary: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
1. ISSF World Cup
- Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary have clinched Gold Medal in the 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team event at the ISSF World Cup in New Delhi.
- Saurabh Chaudhary with Gold in 10 metre air pistol Event.
- Apurvi Chandela with Gold in 10 metre air rifle Event.
2. Alastair Cook to receive knighthood from the Queen
- Former England cricket team captain Sir Alastair Cook has received knighthood from the Queen.
- A knighthood, and the female equivalent, a damehood, is an award given by The Queen to an individual for a major, long-term, contribution in any activity, usually at a national or international level. It is one of the highest possible honours that can be received by an individual.
3. Copa del Rey Football competition
- FC Barcelona will face Valencia in the final of Copa del Rey.
- Copa del Rey or simply La Copa, is an annual knockout football competition in Spanish football, organized by the Royal Spanish Football Federation. The competition was founded in 1903, thus making it the oldest Spanish football competition.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26
- Daily Current Affairs: February 27
- Daily Current Affairs: February 28