Daily Current Affairs 28 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. 2019 Jaipur Literature Festival
- The 12th Edition of Jaipur Literature Festival has been concluded at royal Diggi palace Jaipur.
- It is an annual literary festival which takes place in the Indian city of Jaipur each January. It was founded in 2006, and from 2008 has been produced by Teamwork Arts.
2. Vande Bharat Express
- India’s first indigenously built engineless semi-high speed train ‘Train 18’ has been named as ‘Vande Bharat Express’.
- Train 18 is an Indian semi-high speed intercity electric multiple unit. It was designed and built by Integral Coach Factory Chennai under the Indian government’s Make in India initiative over a span of 18 months.
3. Sur Jahan Festival
- The three-day music festival Sur Jahan Festival will be held in Goa from February 6.
- Theme :- ‘Music for all, music for peace’
4. Yuva Swabhiman Yojana Scheme
- Madya Pradesh Govt. has launched employment scheme ‘Yuva Swabhiman Yojana’ for urban youth.
- Under this scheme, 100 days of employment will be provided to the weaker section of the society in urban areas of the state.
1. Be-Bound with BSNL India
- French company Be-Bound and BSNL have signed an MOU to offer data connectivity through SMS in areas where there is no Internet connectivity or signal breaks.
- Be-Bound has developed technology that is embedded in mobile apps. This app used to send command to Be-Bound server if it doesn’t get data network for SMS-based connectivity.
- Be-Bound server will facilitate SMS connectivity after getting command from the app.
2. Swedish aerospace and defence company with Airports Authority of India
- The MOU is for exploring air traffic management (ATM) solutions for airports operating under the UDAN Scheme, A regional connectivity scheme.
- UDAN-RCS, UDAN is a regional airport development and “Regional Connectivity Scheme” of Government of India, with the objective of “letting the common citizen of the country fly”, aimed at making air connectivity affordable.
3. India-South Africa Business Forum
- India-South Africa Business Forum was organised jointly by Indian Industry Chambers CII, FICCI and Assocham.
- President: Cyril Ramaphosa || Capitals: Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein || Currency: South African rand
1. SBI with Etihad Airways
- SBI Card and Etihad Guest will launch a travel specific Visa credit card
- It is the first international co-brand partnership of SBI Card.
- Etihad Guest is the loyalty programme of Etihad Airways.
- Etihad Airways is the flag carrier and the second-largest airline of the United Arab Emirates. Its head office is in Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, near Abu Dhabi International Airport. Etihad commenced operations in November 2003.
- The State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. It is a government-owned corporation headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company is ranked 216th on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations as of 2017.
2. IRDAI’s Panel to identify Systemically Important Insurers
- IRDAI has constitued a panel which will identity Domestically Systemically Important Insurers (SII) and an improved regulatory framework for them there by putting them in place.
- IRDAI’s Panel will be headed by Praveen Kutumbe.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
- SIIs are those as insurers that are ‘too big to fail’.
- BSNL has tied up with Tata Motors for a first-of-its-kind machine-to-machine communications deal by which BSNL will supply embedded SIM cards to transform the vehicles into smart cars.
- Tata Motors Limited is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Mumbai. It is a subsidiary of Tata Group, an Indian conglomerate. Its products include passenger cars, trucks, vans, coaches, buses, sports cars, construction equipment and military vehicles.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is an Indian state-owned telecommunications company headquartered in New Delhi.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank has re-appointed Parthasarathi Mukherjee as its Managing Director.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank was founded in 1926 by a group of seven businessmen of Karur under the leadership of Shri V.S.N. Ramalinga Chettiar. || HQ:- Chennai.
- Kartik Sharma from India has won the New South Wales men’s Amateur Golf Championship in Australia.
- He defeated Nathan Barberie from Australia in the scheduled 36-hole final.
- Rohit Paudel from Nepal has become the youngest cricketer to score a half-century in international cricket at the age of 16 years and 146 days.
- He replaced Sachin Tendulkar’s Record against Pakistan at the age of 16 years and 213 days.
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has won the National Ice hockey tournament defeating Indian Army in Ladakh.
- The Ice Hockey Association of India is the governing body of ice hockey in India. It became a member of the International Ice Hockey Federation on April 27, 1989. However, as of 2014 no teams from India participate in IIHF world championships. The current President of the Association is K. L. Kumar.
- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police is one of the five Central Armed Police Forces of India, raised on 24 October 1962, under the CRPF Act, in the wake of the Sino-Indian War of 1962. The ITBP was intended for deployment along India’s border with Tibet.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15
- Daily Current Affairs: January 16
- Daily Current Affairs: January 17
- Daily Current Affairs: January 18
- Daily Current Affairs: January 19
- Daily Current Affairs: January 20
- Daily Current Affairs: January 21
- Daily Current Affairs: January 22
- Daily Current Affairs: January 23
- Daily Current Affairs: January 24
- Daily Current Affairs: January 25
- Daily Current Affairs: January 26
- Daily Current Affairs: January 27
- Daily Current Affairs: January 28
- Daily Current Affairs: January 29
- Daily Current Affairs: January 30
- Daily Current Affairs: January 31
3. BSNL with Tata Motors
4. Lakshmi Vilas Bank’s MD
1. New South Wales men’s Amateur Golf Championship
2. Nepalese batsman Rohit Paudel
3. National Ice Hockey Tournament
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,28 January