Daily Current Affairs 28 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Pradhanamntri Suraksha Beema Yojna
- Uttar Pradesh has become number one state in implementation of Pradhanamntri Suraksha Beema Yojna.
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is a government-backed accident insurance scheme in India. It was originally mentioned in the 2015 Budget speech by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in February 2015. It was formally launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 8 May in Kolkata.
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is available to people between 18 and 70 years of age with bank accounts. It has an annual premium of ₹12 exclusive of taxes. The GST is exempted on Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
2. ‘Securitypedia’ and ‘CISFTube’ by CISF
- Central Industrial Security Force has launched following Application
- ’Securitypedia’ as an online encyclopaedia.
- ’CISFTube’ as a customised video interface for CISF personnel
- The Central Industrial Security Force is a Central Armed Police Force in India. It was set up under an Act of the Parliament of India on 10 March 1969 with a strength of 2,800. CISF was subsequently made an armed force of the Republic of India by another Act of Parliament passed on 15 June 1983.
- Director General of CISF: Rajesh Ranjan.
3. Department Defence Production
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has launched dashboard of Department Defence Production, Ministry of Defence.
- Aim: To keep track of the major components of Defence Production.
- URL: ddpdashboard.gov.in
4. Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maan-Dhan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maan-Dhan Yojana was launched by the Union labour and Employment ministry for retailers and small traders.
- A minimum monthly pension of Rs 3000/month to small shopkeepers, retail traders, and the self-employed people aged between 18-40 years after they attain 60 years of age.
- It is an extension of Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan.
1. World Hepatitis Day
- World Hepatitis Day, observed on July 28 every year, aims to raise global awareness of hepatitis — a group of infectious diseases known as Hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E – and encourage prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Theme: ‘Invest in eliminating hepatitis’.
2. Bilateral Hydrocarbon Cooperation with Saudi Arabia
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister of India Dharmendra Pradhan held Bilateral Hydrocarbon Cooperation with Minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources of Saudi Arabia Khalid Al-Falih.
- Aim: To enhance India-Saudi Arabia hydrocarbon cooperation.
- King: Salman of Saudi Arabia || Capital: Riyadh || Currency: Saudi riyal
- Saudi Arabia has the highest military expenditure per capita (2,107.42 USD$) in the world.
3. International Congress of Psychology 2020
- The 32nd International Congress of Psychology 2020 will be held in Prague in July 2020.
- Kargil veteran Lt Col Dr Samir Rawat has been invited as a keynote speaker at 32nd International Congress of Psychology 2020 in Prague.
4. China’s first private rocket with satellites
- Start-up ‘Interstellar Glory Space Technology’ has launched China’s first private rocket ‘Hyperbola-1’ capable of carrying satellites.
- Capital: Beijing || Official script: Simplified Chinese || Currency: Renminbi
1. ‘CARE4U’ App
- IIT Kharagpur Team has developed Android App ‘CARE4U’.
- This App will connect the caregiver to the elderly person by informing the caregiver when the elderly person falls down with the exact location.
2. Indian Council of Medical Research with National Institute for Medical Statistics
- Indian Council of Medical Research with National Institute for Medical Statistics in partnership with ‘Population Council’ have launched ‘National Data Quality Forum’.
- Aim: To boost health data quality in India.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world.
- ICMR: Headquarters: New Delhi || Secretary & Director General: Dr.Balram Bhargava || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 1911 || Leader: Balram Bhargava || Type of business: Government.
- The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental organization. The Council conducts research in biomedicine, social science, and public health and helps build research capacities in developing countries.
- The 2nd orbit-raising move of Moon mission Chandrayaan-2 was successful.
- Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft is planned to undergo three more such orbit raises before attempting India’s first soft Moon landing on September 7.
- Chandrayaan-2 is India’s second lunar exploration mission after Chandrayaan-1. Developed by the Indian Space Research Organisation, the mission was launched from the second launch pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre on 22 July 2019 at 2.43 PM IST to the Moon by a Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark III.
1. New Sponsor for team India
- BCCI has announced BYJU’S as a new sponsor for the Indian team.
- BYJU’S will be taking over the sponsorship from OPPO.
- BYJU’S – The Learning App is the common brand name for Think and Learn Private Ltd., a Bangalore-based educational technology and online tutoring firm founded in 2011 by Byju Ravindran at Bengaluru.
2. Chairperson of ICC’s Finance and Commercial Affairs Committee
- ICC has appointed Pakistan Cricket Board’s Chairman Ehsan Mani as Chairperson of its Finance and Commercial Affairs Committee.
- The Pakistan Cricket Board – PCB controls and organises all tours and matches undertaken by the Pakistan national cricket team.
- Chairperson: Ehsan Mani || Men’s coach: Mickey Arthur || Women’s coach: Mark Coles || Headquarters: Lahore || Founded: 1948
- The International Cricket Council is the global governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
- Chairperson: Shashank Manohar || Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates || CEO: Manu Sawhney || Founded: 15 June 1909 || Membership: 104 members
3. World Aquatics Championships
- Kristof Milak of Hungary has shattered Michael Phelps’ World record in the 200 metres butterfly at the World Aquatics Championships in Gwangju.
- The 2019 World Aquatics Championships were the 18th FINA World Aquatics Championships, held in Gwangju, South Korea from 12 to 28 July 2019.
- Caeleb Dressel of America also has shattered Michael Phelps’s World record in the 100 metres butterfly at the World Aquatics Championships 2019.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,28 July
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31