Daily Current Affairs 28 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1.Indu Bhushan appointed CEO of Ayushman Bharat Mission.
- Indu Bhushan was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of the Union Government’s ambitious Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission(ABNHPM).
- The Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission has the benefit cover of Rs.5 lakh per family per year.
2.GIFT, Deloitte signs an MoU to promote IFSC operations.
- GIFT(Gujarat International Finance Tec-City) City has signed an MoU with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India LLP(DTTILLP), which renders consultancy services, for mutual cooperation in areas related to international financial services.
- The MoU was signed with an aim of assisting domestic and international clients set up operations at the GIFT-located International Financial Services Centre(IFSC).
3.CBSE to reconduct class 12 Economics, Class 10 Math Exams.
- The CBSE announced it will reconduct the board exams for class 12 Economics and Class 10 Mathematics papers.
- This comes day after reports alleged the Economics question paper for Class 12 was leaked hours before the exam on Monday.
4.85% pictorial warning on tobacco packs extended till Aug 31.
- The Health Ministry extended the duration of existing rules for health warnings on tobacco products, which require 85% of the display area to be covered in warnings, till Aug 31.
- The 85% rule was introduced in April 2016 and was due to be changed on March 31 after a 24-month rotation period.
1.China briefed US on Kim Jong-un’s visit: White House.
- China briefed US President Donald Trump on the visit of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un to Beijing this week, the White House has said.
- The White House added, “We see this development as further evidence that our campaign of maximum pressure is creating the appropriate atmosphere for dialogue with N Korea”.
2. Myanmar elects Win Myint as new President.
- Myanmar’s Parliament has elected Win Myint as the country’s new President. This comes after Myanmar’s first democratically elected President Htin Kyaw resigned from the position due to health issues.
- Myint is considered a close aide of State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi and has been a speaker in the Lower House since 2012.
3.Sri Lankan Navy dumps bulletproof vehicles in sea.
- Sri Lankan Navy dumped and destroyed several bulletproof vehicles, including a ship used by former presidents during the country’s three-decade-long civil war, in the sea area off the western coast.
- The move was aimed at preventing the vehicles from falling into “wrong hands” if they were disposed of through public auctions, the Navy said.
4.Greece to get 6.7 billion euro under third bailout deal.
- The Eurozone has approved a 6.7 billion euros loan to Greece under the third bailout deal, with 5.7 billion euros expected to be released this week.
- The funds will be used to pay Greece’s debt and clear domestic arrears, the European Stability Mechanism(ESM) said.
1.State-run IDBI Bank discloses Rs.772 crore loan fraud.
- State-run IDBI Bank has said fraudulent loans of Rs.772 crore were issued from five of its branches in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- The bank said that some of the loans issued during fiscals 2009-13 for fish-farming businesses were obtained using fake documents and overvalued collateral security.
2.SoftBank to create world’s biggest solar power firm in Saudi.
- Japanese conglomerate SoftBank’s CEO Masayoshi Son said he has signed a memorandum of understanding with Saudi Arabia to create the world’s biggest solar power generation company.
- Son said he expects the solar project to have the capacity to produce up to 200GW by 2030.
3.Cognizant’s bank accounts frozen on Rs.2,500 crore tax evasion.
- The Income Tax Department has frozen some bank accounts of Cognizant Technology Solutions India over alleged tax evasion amounting to Rs.2,500 crore in 2016-17.
- It owes this as Dividend Distribution Tax(DDT), which is levied at about 20% of the total dividend paid by the company.
4.IT Dept finds ‘secret’ bank account of Nirav Modi in London.
- The Income Tax Department has found a ‘secret’ bank account linked to fraud-accused Nirav Modi at Barclays Bank in London, according to India Today.
- The bank account was opened in the name of a Nirav Modi firm and investigation revealed that it was Nirav’s personal account.
1.Smith, Warner banned from playing for Australia for 1 year.
- Steve Smith and David Warner have been banned from playing for Australia for one year each for their involvement in the ball-tampering scandal. Smith has been barred from captaining the national team for two years.
- Opener Cameron Bancroft, who executed the plan in the third South Africa Test, has been handed a nine-month ban.
2.Rahul Dravid named election icon for Karnataka Assembly polls.
- Former Indian captain Rahul Dravid has been named as the election icon to motivate young voters to come and vote in the upcoming Karnataka Assembly elections, Chief Electoral Officer Sanjiv Kumar has revealed.
- Meanwhile, film and music director Yograj Bhat will make the Karnataka Election anthem, Kumar added.
3.ISSF Junior WC- Manu Bhaker, Anmol jointly lift gold.
- The duo of Manu Bhaker and Anmol secured India’s seventh gold medal in the ISSF Junior World Cup in Sydney, Australia.
- The pair won the mixed 10-meter air pistol event with a qualification world record.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30