Daily Current Affairs 28 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Baroda Kisan
- Bank of Baroda has signed an MoU with Agriculture services companies to develop an agriculture digital platform named ‘Baroda Kisan’.
- It will provide solutions for agricultural requirements.
- Bank of Baroda is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. It is owned by Government of India and headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat. It has a corporate office in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Based on 2017 data, it is ranked 1145 on Forbes Global 2000 list.
2. World’s Highest Polling Station
- The Tashigang polling station in Himachal Pradesh at 15256 feet, is the highest polling station in the world.
- Himachal Pradesh: Capital: Shimla || Chief minister: Jai Ram Thakur || Districts: 12 || Governor: Kaptan Singh Solanki
3. Cabinet Approvals
- 1. MoU on Antarctic Continent cooperation between India and Argentine.
- 2. MoU between India and Republic of Korea on Start-up Cooperation.
- 3. MoU between India and Indonesia on combating illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances.
4. Bharat Consumption Scheme
- ICICI Prudential AMC announced launched the ICICI Prudential Bharat Consumption Scheme.
- The Scheme aims to benefit from the Indian consumption story.
- With the largest millennial population globally, India offers a growth potential for consumer markets and retailers as millennial differ from previous generations by their lifestyle choices, consumption pattern, significant need for convenience and brand preferences
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd. is a life insurance company based in India. As of 2015 it reported assets of over Rs. 100,000 Cr.
- Nifty India Consumption Index is the benchmark for the Scheme.
1. Comoros’ New President
- Comoros President Azali Assoumani was re-elected in the election.
- Comoros Capital: Moroni || Currency: Comorian franc
2. Turing Award 2018
- Yoshua Bengio, Geoffrey Hinton, and Yann LeCun have been awarded Turing Award 2018.
- Yoshua Bengio, Geoffrey Hinton, and Yann LeCun have been recognized for their work developing the AI subfield of deep learning.
- Turing Award is also known as the ‘Nobel Prize of computing’.
- Turing Award is an annual prize given by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) to an individual selected for contributions “of lasting and major technical importance to the computer field”
- The award is named after Alan Turing, a British mathematician and reader in mathematics at the University of Manchester. Turing is often credited as being the key founder of theoretical computer science and artificial intelligence.
3. Mount Makalu
- First Indian Army Mountaineering Expedition to Mount Makalu (on the border between Nepal and Tibet, China) was flagged off.
- Makalu is the fifth highest mountain in the world at 8,485 metres. It is located in the Mahalangur Himalayas 19 km southeast of Mount Everest, on the border between Nepal and Tibet, China. One of the eight-thousanders, Makalu is an isolated peak whose shape is a four-sided pyramid.
- The Barun Valley lies within Makalu Barun National Park at the base of Makalu.
4. Scott Walker passes away
- Scott Walker was an American-born British singer-songwriter, composer and record producer.
- Walker was known for his distinctive baritone voice and an unorthodox career path which took him from 1960s teen pop icon to 21st-century avant-garde musician.
1. Tools ‘Candidate Connect’ and ‘Share You Voted’
- Facebook has launched two new India-specific tools ‘Candidate Connect’ and ‘Share You Voted’ to boost Election Engagement.
- ‘Candidate Connect’ will help people learn more about candidates in their constituency.
- ‘Share You Voted’ will provide the polling information and enable people to announce and celebrate their vote.
2. Uber’s New Acquisition
- Uber has acquired Middle East Transportation Network Company Careem in a deal worth USD 3.1 billion.
- Careem is a transportation network company based in Dubai, with operations in over 100 cities in 14 countries in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia. The company is valued at over $2 billion as of 2018.
3. Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone
- Adani Ports has become first Indian port operator to record 200 million metric tonnes (MMT) cargo movement
- Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited is India’s largest private multi-port operator. It is a part of the Adani Group, an integrated infrastructure corporation.
1. Asian Airgun Championship
- The 12th edition of Asian Airgun Championship was held at Taoyuan in Taipei.
- Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary have bagged a Gold medal in the 10-metre Air Pistol Mixed team event.
2. New coach of Indian Men’s Basketball Team
- Basketball Federation of India has appointed Serbian Veselin Matic as coach of Indian Men’s Basketball Team.
- The 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup will be the 18th tournament of the FIBA Basketball World Cup for men’s national basketball teams.
- Host country: China, Dates: 31 August – 15 September
3. India’s New Men’s Hockey Coach
- Graham Reid of Australia is set to be named New Chief Hockey Coach of Indian Men’s Hockey Team.
- Hockey India is the governing body of Hockey in India. It was formed after Indian Hockey Federation was dismissed in 2008 by IOA.
- President: Mohammad Mushtaq Ahmed || Founded: 2009 || Sport: Field hockey || Sponsor: Government of India || Abbreviation: HI || Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31