Daily Current Affairs 28 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. India’s first hyper spectral imaging satellite
- HysIS is country’s first hyper spectral imaging satellite for advanced earth observation.
- It will be launched by ISRO from Satish Dhawan Space Center at Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
2. Lexicon for rare tribal languages
- Odisha Govt. is out with lexicons of 21 rare tribal languages to prevent the extinction of tribal languages in circulation.
- Odisha is home to 62 different tribal communities, including 13 vulnerable tribal groups. These tribes speak 21 languages and 74 dialects.
- National Festival for Children of Child Care Institutions(CCIs)-‘Hausla 2018’ is the initiative from Ministry of Women and Child Development
- Around 600 Children from CCIs(18 states) in the various events like painting , athletics , football, chess and speech writing as part of the Festival.
- Theme :- ‘Child Safety’
4. Indian Organ Donation Day
- The ‘9th Indian Organ Donation Day’ was observed on November 27 by the National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO) in New Delhi
- National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO) is a National level organization set up under Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
1. Double Taxation Avoidance Treaty between India and China
- India and China have signed a protocol to amend the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement
2. Bernardo Bertolucci passes away
- Oscar-winning director Bernardo Bertolucci has passed away at 77.
- Bernardo Bertolucci was an Italian Oscar winning director and screenwriter, whose films include The Conformist, Last Tango in Paris, 1900, The Last Emperor(Oscar), The Sheltering Sky, Little Buddha, Stealing Beauty and The Dreamers.
3. UN Geospatial Ambassador Award
- Sanjay Kumar was conferred ‘Global Geospatial Industry Ambassador’ Award at the UN World Geospatial Information Congress held in China.
- He is the founder and CEO of Geospatial Media & Communications
1. New President of The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India
- Prithiviraj has been unanimously elected as President of The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India during its annual general meeting.
- The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India was founded in 1971 and is a long-standing member of the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme and Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile, the world bodies for 2/3 and 4 wheeler motor sport respectively.
2. WhatsApp Business Head has resigned
- WhatsApp’s Chief Business Officer Neeraj Arora has resigned from the post.
- WhatsApp has recently appointed Abhijit Bose as India head.
3. Sun Pharma’s New Acquisition
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. will acquire Pola Pharma(Japan) for around $1 million.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra that manufactures and sells pharmaceutical formulations and active pharmaceutical ingredients primarily in India and the United States.
4. Logix India 2019
- The 3-day Logix India 2019 will take place in New Delhi from 31st January to 2nd February 2019.
- The aim is to improve logistics cost effectiveness and operational efficiencies for India’s global trade.
- It will be organized by the Federation of Indian Export Organisations.
1. Davis Cup
- Croatia has defeated France to win the Davis Cup for the second time.
- The Davis Cup is the premier international team event in men’s tennis. It is run by the International Tennis Federation and is contested annually between teams from competing countries in a knock-out format.
2. Artistic Gymnastics World Cup
- Dipa Karmakar has won Bronze medal in the Vault event of Artistic Gymnastics World Cup in Cottbus, Germany.
- Dipa Karmakar is an Indian artistic gymnast. Karmakar first gained attention when she won a bronze medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, becoming the first Indian female gymnast to do so in the history of the Games.
3. 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup
- The 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup is the 14th edition of the Hockey World Cup field hockey tournament. It is being held from 28 November to 16 December, 2018.
- Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar will host the all matches of World Cup.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15