Daily Current Affairs 28 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Mobile Aadhaar can now be used as ID proof to enter airports
- The circular by Bureau of Civil Aviation Security of India includes 10 identity proofs such as passport, driving license among others.
- Minors accompanied by parents do not need to produce IDs.
2. Maharashtra govt transfers Rs.392 crore in farmers’ accounts
- The govt released Rs.899 crore out of which Rs.392 crore has been transferred .
- The loan waiver worth Rs.34,000 crore is expected to benefit around 89 lakh farmers.
3. BDA to build 1st fully integrated township near Bengaluru
- The township will be built in partnership with private firms and will include commercial, residential and entertainment complexes.
- The township will enable employees to live and work in the same complex and avoid the city’s traffic jams.
1. World’s first hydrogen tram begins operating in China
- The tram which has 3carriages with 66 seats can run for 40 kms at a maximum speed of 70 kmph after being refilled with 12 kg of hydrogen.
- With water being its only emission, the tram emits no pollutants.
2. Myanmar govt to harvest fields abandoned by Rohingya Muslims
- The govt will harvest rice from 71,000 acres of farmlands abandoned by Rohingya Muslims.
- Myanmar has agreed to repatriate verified Rohingya Muslims.
1. Google’s co-founders gain USD 3.5 billion in a day
- Larry Page ad Sergey Brin have added the sum to their combined wealth after Google’s parent Alphabet released its third-quarter earnings report.
- Larry Page’s net worth is now USD 48.2 billion and Sergey Brin’s is USD 46.9 billion.
2. Saudi to invest $1bn in Richard Branson’s space companies
- The investment which has an option for an additional $480 million is expected to fund Virgin Galactic, The Spaceship Company and Virgin Orbit.
- Richard Branson said they are now months away from taking people into space.
1. Indian women’s hockey team beats Singapore
- The Indian team thrashes Singapore 10-0 in the opening round match of the Asia Cup 2017 in Japan.
- India will next face China who won against Malaysia.
2. FIFA announces Rs.2600 crore prize money for 2018 World Cup
- The 32 countries competing at the World cup will share $400 million in prize money.
- The winners of the tournament will pocket $38 million.
- The tournament will be played across 11 cities in Russia from June 14 to July 15.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15