Daily Current Affairs 28 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Women of India National Organic Festival
- Maneka Gandhi has inaugurated 5th Edition of ‘Women of India National Organic Festival’.
- The event was held at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi.
- Maneka Sanjay Gandhi is the Union Minister for Women and Child Development.
2. Guwahati International Film Festival
- Guwahati International Film Festival (GIFF 2018) has begun in Guwahati, Assam.
- Theme :- ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’.
- The focus region of GIFF 2018 is the ‘ASEAN’.
3. The ‘Experiencing North East’ festival
- ‘Experiencing North East’ festival is being held at India International Centre (IIC), New Delhi to depict the uniqueness of North Eastern culture.
- The festival is being organised by North Eastern Council (NEC), Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) with India International Centre.
4. India’s first engine-less train
- Train 18 ‘T-18’ is India’s first engine-less train for inter-city travel.
- T-18 is a self-propelled engine-less train similar to the Metro trains and is energy-efficient with LED lights.
1. Water, Energy, Technology, and Environment Exhibition (WETEX) 2018
- The 20th edition of WETEX 2018 was held in Dubai, UAE.
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham.
2. International Animation Day
- International Animation Day was observed on October 28.
- ASIFA had declared 28 October as International Animation Day in 2002.
- Association Internationale du Film d’Animation or International Animated Film Association :- Established – 1960 || President – Ed Desroches.
3. Sri Lanka’s New PM
- Mahinda Rajapakse was sworn in as the new Prime minister of Sri Lanka.
- He was a former President and has replaced Ranil Wickremesinghe.
- Sri Lanka Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || President: Maithripala Sirisena.
4. QS Asia University Rankings 2019
- QS Asia University Rankings 2019 is published by Quacquarelli Symonds.
- India has the third largest number of universities and institutes with a total of 75.
- First is China (112) and Second is Japan (89).
- Asia’s best university :- The National University of Singapore.
1. Top Challengers Award 2018
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) has received the ‘Top Challengers Award 2018’ for FY 2017-18.
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited, now known as BEML, is an Indian public sector undertaking, with headquarters in Bengaluru. It manufactures a variety of heavy equipment, such as that used for earth moving, transport and mining.
2. ‘Word Cooperative Monitor’ report 2018
- ‘Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative’ IFFCO has been ranked as the biggest cooperative in the world by ‘Word Cooperative Monitor’ report 2018.
- International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) and European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises (Euricse) has published the world cooperative monitor report.
3. India Mobile Congress (IMC-2018)
- The 2nd edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC-2018) was concluded at New Delhi.
- Theme :- ‘New Digital Horizons. Connect. Create. Innovate’.
4. Fotographia 2018
- ‘Blooming Buds’ won Best film award at GD Goenka University’s film and photography festival ‘Fotographia 2018’.
- ‘Blooming Buds’ is a film about a mother and daughter’s relationship after the former’s divorce.
- Theme :- ‘Beautiful Lives: Human Dignity, Human Rights.’
1. World Billiards Championship
- Sourav Kothari has clinched World Billiards Championship.
- He has defeated 1134-944 Peter Gilchrist(Singapore).
2. Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha passes away
- Premier League club Leicester City’s owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died in a helicopter crash.
- Leicester City Football Club is an English professional football club based in Leicester. The club competes in the Premier League, England’s top division of football, and plays its home games at the King Power Stadium. The club was founded in 1884 as Leicester Fosse F.C., playing on a field near Fosse Road.
3. Asian Hockey Champions Trophy
- Pakistan and India were declared joint winners by virtue of forfeiture of the final due to persistent rain.
- Malaysia finished at the 3rd place after defeating Japan 3-2 in the penalty shootouts in the bronze medal match.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15