Daily Current Affairs 28 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 20th livestock Census
- 20th livestock Census will be conducted from 1st October in all districts of the country.
- A mobile Application software has been developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) for collecting transferring the data online through tablets /computers.
2. SATAT initiative
- Dharmendra Pradhan to launch SATAT initiative to promote Compressed Bio-Gas as an alternative green transport fuel.
- Full form :- Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation (SATAT)
- Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
3. Agmark online system
- It is an online portal to process applications related to quality certification mark ‘Agmark’ for agricultural products.
- AGMARK is a certification mark employed on agricultural products in India, assuring that they conform to a set of standards approved by the Directorate of Marketing and Inspection, an agency of the Government of India.
4. Air-To-Air Astra Missile
- Indian Air Force successfully tested Air-To-Air Astra Missile.
- Current Air Chief Marshal- Birender Singh Dhanoa
1. NITI Aayog and United Nations in India
- Government of India-United Nations Sustainable Development Framework (UNSDF) was signed by the CEO, NITI Aayog, Amitabh Kant and United Nations Resident Coordinator in India Yuri Afanasiev.
- On 1 January 2016, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development are adopted by world.
2. ‘Gandhi March’ in Netherlands
- India will organise ‘Gandhi March’ from the iconic Peace Palace at the Hague to Grote Kerk on Sunday to launch the two-year long celebrations of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- According to a statement issued by the Indian Embassy in Hague today the ‘Gandhi March’ will see participation of people of all nationalities and around 20 ambassadors of different countries,/li>
- Netherlands :- Capital: Amsterdam || Official regional languages: West Frisian; Papiamento; English
4. Economic Freedom Index
- It is released by Centre for Civil Society (CCS) along with Canada’s Fraser Institute.
- India ranked at 96th rank out of 162 countries
- First Position :- Hong Kong
- Last Position :- Venezuela
1. Vayoshreshtha Samman – 2018
- M. Venkiah Naidu will confer the ‘Vayoshreshtha Samman-2018’ on the eminent senior citizens and institutions for their services towards the cause of the elderly persons.
- This is to mark the occasion of ‘International Day of older Persons’ on 1st October, 2018 in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
2. Aadhar Ins and Outs
- Aadhaar is not needed :- School admissions || Mobile phone numbers to Aadhaar || Opening a bank account || Telecom companies and mobile wallets.
- Aadhaar is mandatory :- PAN with Aadhaar || IT returns || Availing facilities of welfare schemes and government subsidies.
3. Times Higher Education’s (THE) world university rankings 2019
- IISc Bengaluru topped from India in Global List(251–300).
- Top Four include:/li>
- 1. Oxford
- 2. Cambridge
- 3. Stanford
- 4. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
4. Champions of the Earth Award
- Narendra Modi along with 5 other individuals and organisations to be awarded with Champions of the Earth Award in the Policy Leadership category.
- Champions of the Earth Award is UN’s highest environmental honour.
1. National Open Athletics is concluded
- Sharmila Kumari won gold in woman’s Javelin throw with 54.81m.
- 58th National Open Athletics Championships was held at Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneshwar (Odisha) from 25-28 September 2018.
2. PV Sindhu in ‘tycoons of tomorrow’ List
- PV Sindhu is the only sportsperson to be in ‘tycoons of tomorrow’ by Forbes India.
- This the first list by Forbes India comprises of list of 22 young achievers in the fields of business, acting and sports.
3. 2018 Asia Cup
- Bangladesh has knocked Pakistan out of 2018 Asia Cup.
- Bangladesh will face six-time champions India in final.
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15