Daily Current Affairs 28th 29th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28th 29th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28th 29th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28th 29th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. INS Viraat
- The Aircraft Carrier INS Viraat that served the Indian Navy for 30 years will be dismantled.
- INS Viraat was a Centaur-class aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy. INS Viraat was the flagship of the Indian Navy before INS Vikramaditya was commissioned.
2. Sixth Schedule of the Constitution
- Arunachal Pradesh Assembly has passed resolution to bring state under Sixth Schedule.
- The Sixth Schedule provides for the creation of autonomous District Councils in certain tribal areas of the North-Eastern states. The Bill seeks to form a District Council for the hill areas of Darjeeling in West Bengal called the Gorkha Hill Council, Darjeeling (GHC).
3. ‘Kiran’ Helpline
- Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry has launch mental health rehabilitation helpline ‘Kiran’
- Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment: Thaawar Chand Gehlot
4. First marine ambulance
- First marine ambulance ‘Pratheeksha’ in Kerala will be launched, built by the Cochin Shipyard Limited.
- Kerala: Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan || Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
1. Ericsson with UNICEF
- Ericsson and UNICEF announced a Global Partnership to help map school connectivity in 35 countries by the end of 2023.
- Ericson: Headquarters: Stockholm, Sweden || CEO: Börje Ekholm
- UNICEF: Headquarters: New York || Head: Henrietta H. Fore
2. World Urdu Conference
- National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language has organised the World Urdu Conference in New Delhi.
- Director of National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language: Dr Aquil Ahmed.
1. HDFC Bank with Adobe
- HDFC Bank has partnered with Adobe to enhance digital customer experiences.
- HDFC Bank will use Adobe Experience Cloud solutions, this will enable HDFC Bank to deliver personalised digital experiences
- HDFC: MD & CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan || Headquarters: Mumbai
2. President of the African Development Bank Group
- Dr. Akinwumi Adesina re-elected unanimously as President of the African Development Bank Group
- AfDB: Headquarters: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire || President: Akinwumi Adesina
1. CEO of TikTok resigns
- TikTok CEO Kevin Mayer has stepped down from the post of CEO.
- Tiktok: Developed by ByteDance Company || Tiktok founded: 2012 || Tiktok founder: Zhang Yiming
1. National Sports Day
- The National Sports Day in India is celebrated on 29 August, on the birth anniversary of hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand .
- This day marks the birthday of Major Dhyan Chand Singh, the hockey player who won gold medals in Olympics for India in the years 1928, 1932 and 1936. He score 570 goals in his career, from 1926 to 1949.
2. International Day against Nuclear Tests
- The International Day against Nuclear Tests is observed on August 29.
- It was established on December 2, 2009 at the 64th session of the United Nations General Assembly by the resolution 64/35, which was adopted unanimously.
1. Chadwick Boseman passes away
- American actor Chadwick Boseman has passed away.
- He is known for his portrayal of the superhero Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. International Booker Prize 2020
- Dutch writer Marieke Lucas Rijneveld has become the youngest author to win the International Booker Prize.
- Marieke Lucas Rijneveld is a Dutch writer. Rijneveld won the 2020 the International Booker Prize together with their translator Michele Hutchinson for the debut novel The Discomfort of Evening.
1. Bob, Mike Bryan announce retirement
- Tennis legends Bob and Mike Bryan have announced retirement ahead of the 2020 US Open.
- The Bryan Brothers are identical twin brothers Robert Charles “Bob” Bryan and Michael Carl “Mike” Bryan, American professional doubles tennis players, and are the most successful duo of all time.
- Masters Men’s Doubles titles: 39 titles || Men’s Doubles titles: 119 || Summer Olympics Men’s Doubles: Gold (London 2012)
2. BRICS Games in 2021
- India is planning to host BRICS Games 2021, which will be aligned with the Khelo India Games.
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju attended a meeting of Sports Ministers of the BRICS nations (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa).