Daily Current Affairs 28th 29th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28th 29th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28th 29th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28th 29th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Fleet of 5 Rafale
- Fleet of five Rafale multi-role combat jets arrived in India.
- Indian Government has signed a Rs 59000-crore deal with French aerospace major Dassault Aviation in 2016 to procure 36 Rafale Jets.
- The delivery of all 36 aircraft will be completed by the end of 2021.
2. India Report on Digital Education 2020
- HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has launched India Report on Digital Education, 2020.
- Aim: To ensure accessible and inclusive education to children at home and reducing learning gaps.
1. IRCTC & SBI Card
- IRCTC & SBI Card will launch a Co-branded Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the latter, with around 5,50,000 to 6,00,000 bookings everyday.
2. ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ Campaign
- Bharti AXA General Insurance has launched its crop insurance campaign ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ for farmers in Maharashtra and Karnataka.
- Bharti AXA General Insurance: Headquarters– Mumbai || Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director– Sanjeev Srinivasan
1. Book ‘The India Way: Strategies for an Uncertain World’
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has authored Book ‘The India Way: Strategies for an Uncertain World’.
- It is about India’s ‘struggle gaining influence in foreign policy
2. Book ‘Quest for Restoring Financial Stability in India’
- Former Deputy Governor of RBI, Dr. Viral Acharya has authored Book ‘Quest for Restoring Financial Stability in India’.
- The Book talks about his quest for restoring financial stability in India and offers a concrete plan for sustained improvement.
Science and Technology News
1. Mausam App
- India Meteorological Department (IMD) has launched ‘Mausam App’ for real-time updates and warnings across India.
- The India Meteorological Department is an agency of the Ministry of Earth Sciences of the Government of India. It is the principal agency responsible for meteorological observations, weather forecasting and seismology.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Agency executive: Dr. Mrutyunjay Mohapatra, Director General of Meteorology
1. AIIB President
- Jin Liqun has been re-elected as Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank President.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is a multilateral development bank that aims to support the building of infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region. The bank currently has 82 members as well as 20 prospective members from around the world.
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
2. New MD and CEO of ICRA
- ICRA Limited has named N Sivaraman as its new MD and Group CEO.
- ICRA ratings: Headquarters: Gurgaon || Arun Duggal, Non-Executive chairman and independent director.
1. World Hepatitis Day
- World Hepatitis Day is observed on July 28 every year.
- Theme: ‘Hepatitis-free future’.
2. World Conservation Day
- World Conservation Day is observed each year on July 28th.
- World Conservation Day is celebrated internationally to increase awareness about the best practices to protect our natural resources.
3. International Tiger Day
- International Tiger Day, is an annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation, held annually on 29 July.
- It was created in 2010 at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Gustave Trouve Award for Excellence in Electric Boats and Boating
- India’s first solar-powered ferry ‘Aditya’ which commenced operations in 2017 in Kerala, has won the prestigious Gustave Trouve Award for Excellence in Electric Boats and Boating.
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan || Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
1. Premier League’s Golden Boot award
- Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy bagged Premier Leagues Golden Boot award.
- Leicester City Football Club is an English professional football club based in Leicester in the East Midlands. The club competes in the Premier League, the top division of England’s football league system, and plays its home matches at the King Power Stadium.
2. 7th bowler to take 500 Test wickets
- England cricketer, Stuart Broad becomes 7th bowler to take 500 wickets in Test cricket.
- The List is led by Sri Lankan legend Muttiah Muralitharan with 800 wickets.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,28th 29th July