Daily Current Affairs 28th-29th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28th 29th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28th 29th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28th 29th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Bharat Craft Portal
- SBI is working on setting up e-commerce portal ‘Bharat Craft’ for MSMEs.
- SBI: Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 July 1955
2. Godhan Nyay Yojana
- Chhattisgarh will be the first state of the country to procure cow-dung for welfare of cattle owners by launching Godhan Nyay Yojana.
- Chhattisgarh: Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel || Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
1. Ireland’s Prime Minister
- Micheal Martin has been appointed Ireland’s Prime Minister.
- Ireland: Capital: Dublin || Currency: Euro
1. SOLV with Standard Chartered Bank
- SOLV has partnered with Standard Chartered Bank to launch SOLV MSME Credit Card for MSMEs.
- The SOLV platform helps retailers and other businesses source high quality products at the best price from suppliers across India.
- Standard Chartered Bank: Headquarters location: London || CEO: Bill Winters
2. PhonePe with ICICI Bank
- PhonePe has partnered with ICICI Bank on UPI multi-bank model.
- Phonepe: Founded: December 2015 || CEO: Sameer Nigam || Headquarters location: Bengaluru
1. World Bank with India
- World Bank has approved $500 million loan to India for Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States Program (STARS) to improve quality of education system.
- World Bank: Headquarters: Washington DC || President: David R. Malpass
2. Global Bharat program by SAP
- SAP India has launched ‘Global Bharat Program’ designed to enable MSMEs to become Globally Competitive.
- SAP: CEO: Christian Klein || Headquarters Walldorf Germany
3. ‘Navi lending’ App
- Flipkart co-founder Sachin Bansal’s s startup ‘Navi’ has launched new instant lending app
- Sachin Bansal is an Indian billionaire technology entrepreneur. He is best known as the co-founder of Flipkart, that was acquired by Walmart at $16 billion in 2018. During his over 11 year career at Flipkart, Bansal was CEO and chairman. In 2018, Bansal exited Flipkart following the Walmart deal.
1. National Statistics Day
- National Statistics Day on 29th June is the day is observed in India on the birth anniversary of PC Mahalanobis, remembered as the ‘Father of Statistics’ in India.
- Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis was an Indian scientist and statistician. He is best remembered for the Mahalanobis distance, a statistical measure, and for being one of the members of the first Planning Commission of free India. He made pioneering studies in anthropometry in India.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2020
- Bengaluru has been ranked at 26th in The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2020 by Startup Genome.
- The list is topped by Silicon Valley in California.