Daily Current Affairs 28th February 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 28th February 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 28th February 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 28th February 2023 Current affairs test.
Honors & Recognition
1. Accolade for Lionel Messi: FIFA’s Best Men’s Player 2022
- Lionel Messi, at 35 years of age, clinched the title of FIFA’s best men’s player for 2022, a noteworthy feat that came on the heels of his triumphant World Cup victory with Argentina in December 2022—his maiden World Cup win.
- For the second successive year, Spain’s Alexia Putellas was bestowed with the honor of the best women’s player.
- Additional Accolades:
- Best Fans Award: Bagged by Argentina.
- Fairplay Award: Bestowed upon Georgia’s Luka Lochoshvili.
- Best Men’s Coach: Lionel Scaloni of Argentina.
- Best Women’s Coach: Sarina Wiegman.
- Best Goal (Puskás Award): Achieved by Marcin Oleksy.
2. Shailesh Pathak: The New Secretary General of FICCI
- In a significant organizational move, the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) has announced the appointment of Shailesh Pathak as its secretary general, with his tenure commencing from March 1, 2023.
- As Arun Chawla, the director general of FICCI, gears up for retirement on June 30, 2023, he is slated to transition to an advisory capacity.
- Bringing a rich tapestry of experience from his tenure as an IAS officer and leadership stints in the corporate arena, Shailesh Pathak is poised to add immense value to FICCI.
- Currently, the helm of FICCI is under the stewardship of President Shubhrakant Panda.
3. National Science Day 2023: A Tribute on February 28
- India marked National Science Day on February 28, celebrating and honoring the groundbreaking work of Indian scientist and physicist, C.V. Raman, renowned for his discovery of the Raman Effect.
- This seminal contribution earned C.V. Raman the prestigious Nobel Prize in 1930.
- The focal theme for 2023, “Global Science for Global Wellness,” underscored India’s escalating prominence on the global scientific frontier.
4. Ranveer Singh: The New Face for PepsiCo
- PepsiCo, the beverage giant, has roped in actor Ranveer Singh to be its brand ambassador, unveiling a fresh campaign aimed at the millennial audience.
- With this association, Ranveer Singh joins Pepsi’s illustrious roster of celebrity endorsers, which boasts names like Salman Khan and Yash.
- The newly launched campaign, christened “Rise up Baby,” encapsulates a youthful zest, showcasing an array of flavors.
Science & Technology
5. Upgradation on the Horizon for ALMA Radio Telescope
- The Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) radio telescope is set to embrace comprehensive upgrades, targeting enhancements in data acquisition and image clarity.
- Stationed in Chile’s Atacama Desert, ALMA comprises 66 antennas and operates under a collaborative initiative between the US, along with 16 other nations spanning Europe, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Chile.
- The ambitious upgrade, scheduled to span approximately five years, is geared towards delivering crisper images and amassing richer data sets.
Science & Technology
6. Meta’s AI Endeavor: Introduction of LLaMA Model
- Meta Platforms, Inc. has lifted the veil off the Large Language Model Meta AI (LLaMA), a pioneering research instrument crafted to aid the development of AI-driven chatbots.
- Positioned as a state-of-the-art foundational language model, LLaMA caters primarily to the research community in AI.
- This release echoes previous launches in the domain, such as Google BARD and OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
- It’s noteworthy that Meta’s preceding models, namely Glactica and Blender Bot 3, were phased out due to performance inconsistencies.