Daily Current Affairs 29 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. IIT Madras with Bharati Script
- Researchers from IIT Madras have developed easy OCR system for Bharati Script.
- Bharati is being proposed as a common script for India. The Roman script is used as a common script for many European languages (English, French, German, Italian etc.), which facilitates communication across nations that speak and write those languages. Likewise a common script for the entire country is hoped to bring down many communication barriers in India.
- Optical character recognition or optical character reader, often abbreviated as OCR, is the mechanical or electronic conversion of images of typed, handwritten or printed text into machine-encoded text.
2. Cyclone ‘Fani’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ has intensified over Bay of Bengal
- The Bay of Bengal is the north-eastern part of the Indian Ocean, bounded on the west and northwest by India, on the north by Bangladesh, and on the east by Myanmar and the Andaman Islands of India and Myanmar and the Nicobar Islands of India.
- The names of significant tropical cyclones are retired from the lists, with a replacement name selected at the next World Meteorological Organization’s Hurricane Committee meeting. If all of the names on a list are used, storms are named after the letters of the Greek alphabet.
3. Mysterious Footprints of mythical creature ‘Yeti’
- The Yeti or Abominable Snowman is a folkloric ape-like creature taller than an average human, that is said to inhabit the Himalayan mountains. The names Yeti and Meh-Teh are commonly used by the people indigenous to the region, and are part of their history and mythology.
- Indian Army claimed that Mountaineering Expedition team spotted mysterious footprints of mythical creature “Yeti” close to Nepal’s Makalu Base Camp.
- Capital: Kathmandu || Currency: Nepalese rupee || Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli
1. International Dance Day
- International Dance Day is a global celebration of dance, created by the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute, the main partner for the performing arts of UNESCO.
- The event takes place every year on 29th April, the anniversary of the birth of Jean-Georges Noverre, the creator of modern ballet.
- Jean-Georges Noverre was a French dancer and balletmaster, and is generally considered the creator of ballet d’action, a precursor of the narrative ballets of the 19th century. His birthday is now observed as International Dance Day.
2. International Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare
- Today (29th April) is the ‘Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare’.
- On November 11, 2005, during the last day of the United Nations’ Tenth Session of the Conference of the State Parties, the members of the UN officially recognised the Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare
- April 29 was chosen as the date for the event’s celebration because the Chemical Weapons Convention entered into force on that day in 1997.
3. SCO Defence Ministers’ Meet
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will attend SCO Defence Ministers’ meet in Bishkek.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization, or Shanghai Pact, is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance, the creation of which was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai, China.
- Headquarters: Beijing, China || Deputy Secretaries General: SabyrImandosov; Wang Kaiwen; Aziz Nosirov; Vladimir Potapenko || Founded: 26 April 1996
- Secretary General: Vladimir Norov || Official language: Chinese and Russian || Founders: China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan
1. Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance
- Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance has launched ‘Webassurance’ which will enable Users to purchase life insurance from Canara Bank’s Website.
- CEO: Anuj Mathur || COO: Sachin Dutta || Managing director: Anuj Mathur || Founded: 2007 || Parent organization: Canara Bank
- Canara Bank is one of the largest public sector banks owned by the Government of India. It is headquartered in Bengaluru. It was established at Mangalore in 1906 by AmmembalSubba Rao Pai. It is one of the oldest public sector banks in the country. The government nationalized the bank in 1969.
- About Canara Bank :- Headquarters: Bengaluru || T. N. Manoharan (Chairman) R. A. Shankara Narayan (MD & CEO) || Founder: Ammembal Subba Rao Pai
2. New Director of Yes Bank
- Yes Bank has appointed Shagun Gogia as one of its Director.
- She is the daughter of late Co-founder of Yes Bank Ashok Kapur
- Rana Kapoor is an Indian billionaire, and the founder, Ex-managing director and CEO of Yes Bank, an Indian private sector bank, with its registered office in Mumbai.
- Yes Bank Limited is India’s fourth largest private sector bank, founded by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapur in 2004. It primarily operates as a corporate bank, with retail banking and also asset management as subsidiary functions.
3. Rules for maintaining current accounts of corporate borrowers
- RBI has inducted strict rules on opening and running of current accounts of corporate borrowers in order to tackle fund diversion.
- Current accounts can only be opened with the main bank in a lending consortium
- It will be applied to corporates which have borrowed and taken loans of Rs 50 crore or more from the banking system.
1. First woman to officiate in a men’s ODI
- Claire Polosak has become first ever woman to officiate in a men’s ODI.
- Cricket Australia, formerly known as the Australian Cricket Board, is the governing body for professional and amateur cricket in Australia. It was originally formed in 1905 as the ‘Australian Board of Control for International Cricket’. It is incorporated as an Australian Public Company, limited by guarantee.
- CEO: Kevin Roberts || Chairman: Earl Eddings (Acting) || Chairperson: Cooper Rowe || Chief Exec: Kevin Roberts || Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
2. Badminton Asia Championships
- The 2019 Badminton Asia Championships, is a badminton tournament which take place at Wuhan Sports Center Gymnasium in China.
- It has a total purse of $400,000.
- Men’s Single :- Kento Momota (Japan)
- Women’s Single :- Yamaguchi (Japan)
3. ISSF World Cup (2nd Leg)
- India (3 Golds, 1 Silver) has topped the charts at the International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup in Beijing.
- Abhishek Verma:- Gold in men’s 10m Air Pistol event.
- Anjum Moudgil and Divyansh Singh Panwar:- Gold in the 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team event.
- Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary:- Gold in the 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team event.
- Divyansh:- Silver in the men’s 10m Air Rifle.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30