Daily Current Affairs 29th April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29th April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29th April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29th April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. SVAMITVA scheme
- Minister of Rural Development &Panchayati Raj Narendra Singh Tomar has issued guidelines regarding the SVAMITVA scheme.
- SVAMITVA scheme is a new initiative of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj to help in streamlining planning and revenue collection in rural areas and ensuring clarity on property rights.
2. First Govt hospital in India to successfully launch Plasma Therapy Treatment
- The King George Medical University in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh has become the first Government Hospital in India to successfully launch the plasma therapy treatment for the COVID-19 patients.
- In Plasma therapy the blood component ‘plasma’ from a cured COVID-19 patient is transfused to a critically ill COVID-19 patient which develops antibodies to battle against the virus.
1. US envoy to OECD
- Indian-American Diplomat Manisha Singh has been nominated as USA’s next envoy to the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development: Headquarters: Paris, France || Secretary-General : Jose Angel Gurría
1. India’s economic growth rate by CRISIL
- CRISIL has cut its projections for India’s Economic Growth Rate to 1.8% from earlier 3.5% for 2020-21.
- CRISIL: || CEO: Ashu Suyash || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. New CMD Housing and Urban Development Corporation
- Shiv Das Meena has been appointed as CMD of Housing and Urban Development Corporation.
- The Housing and Urban Development Corporation Limited is a government-owned corporation in India. One of the public sector undertakings, it is listed Company on NSE and BSE with major shareholding of Government of India holding and is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Head Quarters- New Delhi
1. World Veterinary Day
- World Veterinary Day is celebrated on the last Saturday of April.
- The veterinary day is celebrated on the last Saturday of April. It is observed every year to mark the importance of Veterinary doctors who serve to protect animals.
1. Irrfan Khan passes away
- Actor Irrfan Khan has passed away.
- He has been acclaimed for his roles in Indian cinema and was also part of many international projects like Slumdog Millionaire, Jurassic World, The Amazing Spider-Man and Life of Pi.
- His Debut film ‘Salaam Bombay! was also nominated for an Academy Award.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2020
- IIT-Kharagpur was ranked the top Indian institute and 57th globally in Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2020.
- Top Three:
- 1. University of Auckland
- 2. University of Sydney
- 3. Western Sydney University
1. Exercise Pitch Black 2020
- Australia has informed India that the exercise Pitch Black 2020 has been cancelled due to the Covid-19.
- The next edition will be held in 2022.
1. USA Men’s Cricket Head Coach
- J Arunkumar has been appointed as the head coach of USA men’s national team.
- J Arunkumar is a former Karnataka captain, scored 7208 first-class runs in a career spanning over 15 years, before becoming a coach in 2012.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,29th April