Daily Current Affairs 29 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Statistics Day 2019
- The Government has been celebrating the Statistics Day, to popularize the use of Statistics in everyday life and sensitize the public as to how Statistics helps in shaping and framing policies.
- Minister of State IC of Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation and Ministry of Planning, Rao Inderjit Singh has inaugurated the Statistics Day, 2019 on 29thJune, 2019
- It is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Prof. P C Mahalanobis, on 29thJune, in recognition of his invaluable contribution in establishing the National Statistical System.
- This year’s theme of Statistics Day is Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) keeping in view India’s commitment towards achieving these goals.
2. One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- Government will launch ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ scheme for beneficiaries to access Public Distribution System from any PDS shop in India.
- Public distribution system is a structure that is sponsored by a government and includes chain of shops trusted with the work of distributing basic food and non-food commodities to the disadvantaged group of the society at very low prices.
3. Missile Prithvi-II
- DRDO has successfully test-fired indigenously developed nuclear-capable missile Prithvi-II.
- Prithvi is a tactical surface-to-surface short-range ballistic missile developed by DRDO of India under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program. It is deployed by India’s Strategic Forces Command
- DRDO: Headquarters: New Delhi || Founded: 1958 || Motto: “Strength’s Origin is in Science” || Chairman: Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy
4. Best Police Station in India
- Ministry of Home Affairs has released the rankings of Police Stations for 2018.
- Kalu Police Station in Bikaner, Rajasthan has ranked the best police station in India.
- 2. Campbell Bay police station of Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- 3. Farakka police station of Murshidabad, West Bengal
1. Annual Cost of Living Survey
- Mercer has released 25th Annual Cost of Living Survey which ranks most expensive cities in the world.
- 1. Hong Kong
- 2. Tokyo
- 3. Singapore
- Mumbai was ranked at 67th position out of 209 cities surveyed.
- Mercer is the world’s largest human resources consulting firm. It is also the world’s largest institutional investment advisor with over 10 trn in assets under advice and more than 10 trn in assets under advice and more than 200bn in open architecture assets under delegated management.
2. National Camera Day
- National Camera Day is observed each year on June 29th to commemorate photographs, the camera, and their invention.
- The word ‘Photography’ is based on two Greek words that, when put together, mean ‘writing with light’.
3. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan with Oxford University
- Singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has been awarded honorary degree by Oxford University.
- He was presented with the degree of Doctor of Music at a ceremony.
- The University of Oxford is a collegiate research university in Oxford, England. There is evidence of teaching as early as 1096, making it the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s second-oldest university in continuous operation after the University of Bologna.
1. Crime Mitigation solution
- Oracle has launched Crime Mitigation solution to help small and mid-sized banks to tackle fraud.
- Oracle: Founded: 16 June 1977 || Headquarters: Redwood City, California || Founders: Larry Ellison, Bob Miner, Ed Oates
- CEO of Oracle Corporation :- Mark Hurd
2. World Bank with India
- India has signed a loan agreement of 400 million USD with World Bank to help treat and eliminate Tuberculosis.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides interest-free loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects.
- Headquarters: Washington DC || Membership: 189 countries (IBRD); 173 countries (IDA) || Founded: 1944 || Founders: John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White
3. National Housing Bank’s New Managing Director
- Sarada Kumar Hota has been appointed as the New Managing Director of National Housing Bank.
- National Housing Bank, a Government of India owned entity, was set up on 9 July 1988 under the National Housing Bank Act, 1987. NHB is an apex financial institution for housing.
4. Revision of current series of Wholesale Price Index
- Government has drafted an 18 member Working Group for the revision of current series of Wholesale Price Index (base 2011-12).
- Chairman of the working group : Prof. Ramesh Chand (Member, Niti Aayog)
1. Marcus Trescothick Retires
- Marcus Edward Trescothick MBE is an English cricketer, who stood in as Test and ODI captain on several occasions.
- He played first-class cricket for Somerset County Cricket Club, and represented England in 76 Test matches and 123 One Day Internationals.
2. 2019 AIBA World Boxing Championships
- The 2019 AIBA World Boxing Championships will be held in Yekaterinburg, Russia from September 7 to September 21, 2019.
- The AIBA World Boxing Championships and the AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships are biennial amateur boxing competitions organised by the International Boxing Association (AIBA), which is the sport governing body.
- India’s Mary Kom is the most successful boxer in women’s boxing having won 6 golds and a silver (From 2001 to 2018).
- The championships was first held in 1974 Havana, Cuba as a men’s only event and the first women’s championships was held over 25 years later in 2001.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30