Daily Current Affairs 29 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. 47th Chief Justice of India
- President Kovind has appointed Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde as the next Chief Justice of India replacing Ranjan Gogoi.
- The Chief Justice of India is the head of the judiciary of India and the Supreme Court of India. The CJI also heads their administrative functions.
2. Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day)
- National Unity day (also known as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas) is celebrated every year on 31st October by the people all through India.
- It is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel who really unified the country.
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas was introduced by the Government of India in 2014.
3. Ladakh Literature Festival
- Ladakh administration organized the first-ever Ladakh Literature festival.
- Ladakh is a region administered by India as a union territory, located in the northern part of the Indian subcontinent. It is part of the larger region of Kashmir, which has been the subject of dispute between India, Pakistan, and China since 1947.
4. New Governor Appointments
- Governor of Goa: Satya Pal Malik.
- Lieutenant Governor of J&K: Girish Chandra Murmu.
- Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh: Radha Krishna Mathur .
1. High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Gambia
- Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas has been accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Gambia.
- Gambia: Capital- Banjul || Currency- Gambian dalasi.
2. International Internet Day
- International Internet Day is celebrated worldwide, every year on 29th of October.
- It is promoted by the Association of Internet Users.
- It was celebrated for the first time on October 29, 2005. Shortly afterwards, at the Summit of the Information Society celebrated in Tunisia in November 2005, it was decided to propose to the UN the designation of October 29 as the World-wide Day of the Information Society, which resulted in Internet Day being celebrated on that day.
- Internet Day aims to show the possibilities offered by new technologies to improve standards of living by giving people more understanding of technology and its functions.
3. Exercise Ex Shakti-2019
- Indo-French army joint exercise ‘Ex Shakti -2019’ will start from 31 October in Rajasthan.
- Capital: Paris || President: Emmanuel Macron || Prime minister: Édouard Philippe || Currencies: Euro, CFP franc
4. Berggruen Prize 2019
- Justice Ginsburg has been named the recipient of the 2019 Berggruen Prize, which is given annually to a thinker whose ideas have profoundly shaped human self-understanding and advancement in a rapidly changing world.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg is an American lawyer and jurist who is an Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Ginsburg was appointed by President Bill Clinton and took the oath of office on August 10, 1993. She is the second female justice of four to be confirmed to the court.
5. Japan’s Emperor Naruhito
- Emperor of Japan Naruhito has formally proclaimed his ascension to the throne in a ceremony attended by dignitaries from more than 180 countries, including Indian President Kovind.
- Naruhito is the Emperor of Japan.
- He acceded to the Chrysanthemum Throne on 1 May 2019, beginning the Reiwa era, following the abdication of his father, Emperor Akihito. He is the 126th monarch according to Japan’s traditional order of succession.
1. New Development Bank with India and Brazil
- New Development Bank has approved two projects of Brazil and India of worth 800 million USD.
- 1. Brazil National Climate Fund Project. (USD 500 million)
- Renewable Energy Sector Development Project. (USD 300 million)
- The New Development Bank, formerly referred to as the BRICS Development Bank, is a multilateral development bank established by the BRICS states. According to the Agreement on the NDB, “the Bank shall support public or private projects through loans, guarantees, equity participation and other financial instruments.”
- Headquarters location: Shanghai, China || Founder: BRICS || Founded: 15 July 2014, Fortaleza, State of Ceará, Brazil || President: K. V. Kamath
2. S Sadagopan Committee
- IRDAI has drafted a 8-member Committee headed by S Sadagopan to evaluate applications filed under the Regulatory Sandbox
- S Sadagopan is the Director of International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore.
- Regulatory Sandbox refers to reside testing of latest services or products in a managed/check regulatory surroundings for which regulators could allow sure relaxations for the restricted goal of testing
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
3. BHIM 2.0
- National Payments Corporation of India has rolled out a new version of its Unified Payment Interface platform – Bharat Interface for Money 2.0 (BHIM).
- The new BHIM 2.0 has increased transaction limit, an option of applying for initial public offerings, linking multiple bank accounts, offers from merchants, donation gateway and three additional regional languages among other features.
- The National Payments Corporation of India is an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India.
- Headquarters location: Mumbai || Founded: 2008
- Dilip Asbe is the current managing director and chief executive officer of the NPCI after AP Hota.
1. ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020
- The 13th Edition of ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020 will be held in South Africa.
- The International Cricket Council is the global governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates || Chairperson: Shashank Manohar || CEO: Manu Sawhney || Founded: 15 June 1909 || Membership: 104 members || Motto: Cricket for good.
2. European Open 2019 (Tennis)
- Tennis Player Andy Murray has won his first title since March 2017 after beating Stan Wawrinka in the final of European Open.
- Sir Andrew Barron Murray OBE is a British professional tennis player from Scotland. Murray represents Great Britain in his sporting activities and is a three-time Grand Slam tournament winner, two-time Olympic champion, Davis Cup champion, winner of the 2016 ATP World Tour Finals, and former world No. 1.
- The 4th Edition of European Open 2019 held in Antwerp, Belgium.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31