Daily Current Affairs 29 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Mrs India – Pride of the Nation 2019
- Pooja Desai from Vadodara, Gujarat has been crowned as Mrs India – Pride of the Nation 2019.
- Mrs India – Pride of the Nation 2019 (a beauty pageant for married women that celebrates and admires the accomplishments and achievements of a wife, daughter and a mother)
2. Street Vendors Act
- Delhi Government has become the first in the country to implement the Street Vendors Act.
- Street vendors will be provided with a certificate which will act as their legal status and stop their extortion.
- Women & Child Development & Mission Shakti Department of Odisha in collaboration with UNICEF has unveiled ‘TikkiMausi’ mascot.
- It is with an aim to spread awareness about child and woman’s nutrition.
- The United Nations Children’s Fund, originally known as the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, was created by the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946, to provide emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries that had been devastated by World War II.
4. Book ‘Loss’
- Book ‘Loss’ is authored by award-winning author SiddharthDhanvant Shanghvi.
- It is a memoir on death and grief, drawing on a string of personal losses – of his parents and a beloved pet.
- Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi is an Indian author. His debut novel The Last Song of Dusk won the Betty Trask Award, one of UK’s most prestigious prizes for debut novels, the PremioGrinzane Cavour for the Best Debut novel, and was nominated for the IMPAC Literary Prize.
1. World Heart Day
- World Heart Day is observed on 29th September by World Heart Federation.
- The World Heart Federation have found that heart disease and strokes are the world’s leading cause of death, killing 17.1 million people every year – that’s more than victims of cancer, HIV and AIDS and malaria.
- Theme 2019 : ” My Heart , Your Heart “
2. WHO-FAO Coordinating Committee of Asia
- The 21st session of the Food and Agriculture Organisation and World Health Organisation Coordinating Committee was held in Panaji, Goa.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all nations meet as equals to negotiate arguments and debate policy.
- FAO: Headquarters: Rome, Italy || Head: Qu Dongyu || Founded: 16 October 1945, Quebec City, Canada || Formation: 16 October 1945
- The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The WHO is a member of the United Nations Development Group.
- WHO: Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Head: Tedros Adhanom || Founded: 7 April 1948
3. Changemaker Award 2019
- PayalJangir of Rajasthan has become first Indian to receive Changemaker Award 2019 at Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards 2019 presented by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- She was awarded for her work towards the abolition of child marriage in her village and other neighboring areas.
- PM Modi was also conferred with Global Goalkeeper’ Award 2019 by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
4. International Day for Universal Access to Information 2019
- The 2019 is the fourth year of UNESCO marking 28 September as the “International Day for Universal Access to Information” (IDUAI).
- On 17 November 2015, UNESCO adopted a resolution (38 C/70) declaring 28 September of every year as International Day for Universal Access to Information (IDUAI).
- Theme: ‘Leaving No One Behind!’.
4. World Rabies Day 2019
- World Rabies Day was observed on September 28.
- Theme: ‘Rabies: Vaccinate to Eliminate’.
- World Rabies Day is an international awareness campaign coordinated by the Global Alliance for Rabies Control, a non-profit organization with headquarters in the United States.
1. ADB cuts India’s GDP Growth Forecast
- ADB cuts India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.5% from 7% for FY 2019-20.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Takehiko Nakao || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Membership: 68 countries || Purpose: Economic development
2. BrandZ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands 2019 ranking
- BrandZ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands 2019 ranking is released by WPP and Kantar Millward Brown.
- 1. HDFC bank
- 2. LIC
- 3. TCS
- 4. Airtel
- 5. SBI
3. Airtel Payments Bank with HDFC ERGO
- Airtel Payments Bank and HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has launched an innovative Mosquito Diseases Protection Policy.
- Airtel Payments Bank is a public limited company with its headquarters in New Delhi, India. The company is a subsidiary of Bharti Airtel. It is the first company in India to receive a payments bank license from the Reserve Bank of India and it became the first live payments bank in the country.
- CEO: Anubrata Biswas || Headquarters: New Delhi India || Parent organization: Bharti Airtel
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd. and ERGO International AG, a Germany-based company that is part of the Munich Re Group. HDFC holds 51 per cent, and ERGO the other 49 per cent. The firm operates in 101 Indian cities with over 127 branches and 2,000 plus staff members.
1. ICC with Facebook
- ICC has announced a partnership with Facebook for carrying out a range of digital content.
- It will include match recaps, in-play key moments and other match and feature content.
- The International Cricket Council is the global governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates || Chairperson: Shashank Manohar || CEO: Manu Sawhney || Founded: 15 June 1909 || Membership: 104 members
2. 2019 Russian Grand Prix
- Winner: Lewis Hamilton
- Runner-up: Valtteri Bottas
3. 2019 World Athletics Championships
- The 2019 IAAF World Athletics Championships is the seventeenth edition of the biennial, global athletics competition organized by the International Association of Athletics Federations.
- It is held between 27 September and 6 October 2019 in Doha, Qatar at the renovated multi-purpose Khalifa International Stadium.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,29 September
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30