Daily Current Affairs 29 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. POSCO to be made gender-neutral
- Currently, POSCO act does not protect boys who suffer from sexual abuse.
- The Centre has proposed to amend it to include all children irrespective of gender.
2.Tourism Minister inaugurates Indian Culinary Institute, Noida Campus
- The institute will take forward govt’s commitment of creating skilled man power in hospitality.
- Another campus will be set up in Tirupati.
3. Swachh Bharat summer internship
- It is an initiative of the Sports, HRD and Water Ministries.
- PM Modi said that it is an opportunity for people who want to serve the society and the country.
1. N Korea to move the clock
- Kim Jon-un said he would move N Korea’s clock by 30 minutes to unify with S Korea.
- N Korea had put back its clock by 30 mins in 2015.
2. Pakistan budget allocation for defence rises by 19.6%
- Amid all the civil-military tensions, the Government of Pakistan has proposed a budget of Rs. 1.1 trillion for the defence forces.
- An increase in Rs. 180 billion is being seen as Pakistan’s effort to modernise its existing system to fight terrorism on its soil and also counter India in the region.
3. Houthi rebels killed in Yemen
- 38 Houthi rebels were killed in Saudi-led air strike in Yemen.
- The Houthis claimed to have launched 8 ballistic missiles in retaliation.
4. Zimbabwe legalizes cannabis
- It is the 2nd African nation to legalise cannabis for scientific and medicinal purposes.
- Previously, possession of cannabis in the country was punishable up to 12 yrs.
1. Fitch retains India’s ranking
- India is ranked BBB- that indicates lowest investment grade.
- India’s growth is projected at 7.3% this fiscal.
2. Axis Bank posts 1st loss in 20 yrs
- The bank has reported a net loss of Rs.21.88 bn for March quarter.
- The loss has been attributed to provisioning of bad loans.
3. RBI’s stake in NHB to be acquired
- RBI holds 100% stake in National Housing Bank.
- The govt will acquire the entire stake of RBI.
4. Aramco gets woman director
- Lynn Laverty Elsenhans is appointed as director of largest oil producer Saudi Aramco.
- Earlier, she was the CEO of Sunoco from 2008 to 2012.
1. Afghanistan launches T20 league
- Afghanistan cricket board wants Indian players to feature in it.
- BCCI currently does not allow Indian players to play in any foreign T20 leagues.
2. Indians win 13 medals at international championship
- The Indian contingent won 3 gold, 5 silver and 5 bronze at International Boxing Tournament.
- The championship was held at Belgrade.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15