Daily Current Affairs 29 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. National Sports Day
- National Sports Day is a tribute to the greatest hockey player, Major Dhyan Chand on his birth anniversary.
- It is celebrated on 29 August each year.
2. Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Awards-2017
- Thaawarchand Gehlot presented ‘Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Awards-2017’ to meritorious SC/St Students .li>
- There are 336 Awardees at the Secondary school level and 529 Awardees at the Sr. Secondary level across 29 Boards/ Councils in India.
3. ‘Smart India Hackathon- 2019’ (3rd Edition)
- HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar has launched the 3rd edition of ‘Smart India Hackathon- 2019’.
- It is World’s Biggest Open Innovation Model.
4. A New Logo of Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda has launched the logo in New Delhi.
- Ayushman Bharat–National Health Protection Mission will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families by providing coverage up to 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
1. G20 Ministerial Meeting
- The G20 Digital Economy Ministerial Meeting was held in Salta, Argentina.
- Theme:-‘Building consensus for fair and sustainable development’.
2. United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)’s New Appointment
- Satya S Tripathi has been appointed as Assistant Secretary General and Head of the New York Office of UNEP.
- Satya S Tripathi is an Indian development economist.
3. ‘Jaipur Foot’ camp in Vietnam capital
- Sushma Swaraj has gifted free India-made prosthetic limbs for 500 Vietnamese beneficiaries.
- Ms. Swaraj is in Vietnam on the first leg of a four-day two-nation tour, which aims at deepening India’s strategic cooperation with Vietnam and Cambodia – the key countries in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region.
1. Colgate-Palmolive India’s New Chairman
- Colgate-Palmolive-India (Subsidiary of Colgate-Palmolive Company) has appointed Mukul Deoras as Chairman of the company.
- The Colgate-Palmolive Company is an American worldwide consumer products company focused on the production, distribution and provision of household, health care and personal care products.
2. Airtel to sell 15% stake in DTH Business Segment
- Airtel has received A Govt. Nod to sell 15% stake in DTH Business to Warburg Pincus.
- Bharti Airtel Limited is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in New Delhi, India. It operates in 20 countries across South Asia and Africa.
3. World Bank with EESL
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited along with GOI and the World Bank has signed a $220 million loan agreement.
- The loan will support the India Energy Efficiency scale-up programme.
4. FDI inflow in India
- According to DIPP the FDI in India rose to 23%
- It is now 12.8 billion dollars(April to June quarter).
1. Asian Games:- Athletics
- Arpinder Singh clinched Gold Medal in Triple jumping.
- Silver medal in the first-ever 4x400m mixed relay for India(Muhammad Anas, Poovamma, Hima Das and Arokia Rajiv).
- Swapna Barman won gold in the women’s heptathlon.
- Dutee Chand won silver in 200m final Sprint.
2. Asian Games
- In mixed doubles Table Tennis, A Sharath Kamal and Manika Batra won Bronze.
- Swapna Barman won India’s 150th gold medal at the Asian Games.
3. UEFA Goal of the Season
- Cristiano Ronaldo won UEFA goal of the season award.
- It was overhead kick in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals for Real Madrid against his current club Juventus.
4. Corporate sports policy for CPSEs under Steel Ministry
- Chaudhary Birender Singh has started corporate sports policy for Central Public Sector Enterprises under Steel Ministry
- Chaudhary Birender Singh is a senior Indian political leader. He is currently serving as the Union Minister of Steel.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15