Daily Current Affairs 29 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.UP to get Rs.256 cr from World Bank for tourism.
- World Bank committed $40 million for the development of tourism facilities in Uttar Pradesh.
- The five-year programme will focus on Agra and the Braj region.
2.Monthly price hike on LPG cylinders withdrawn by government.
- The hike of Rs.4 has been withdrawn as the hike was considered contrary to its Ujjwala scheme of providing free cooking gas connections to the poor.
- LPG has been hiked by Rs.76.5 since July 2016 in order to eliminate government subsidies by March 2018.
3.Shia Board called for 10-year jail term in Triple Talaq Bill.
- While welcoming the Triple Talaq bill, the UP Shia Central Waqf Board’s Chairman called for 10 years of punishment instead of proposed 3 years.
- The bill was passed on Thursday in Lok Sabha which made Triple Talaq illegal.
4.Joint exercise ‘Ekuverin’ concluded.
- The two week long eighth edition of the Indo-Maldives joint military exercise, ‘Ekuverin’, came to an end at Belagavi, Karnataka.
- The bilateral annual exercise was a 14-day joint military training between Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Force. This exercise has been held since 2009.
1.Prince Harry named as the President of African Conservation Groups.
- Prince Harry has been named as the president of African Parks which is a conservation group that manages a dozen wildlife areas across the continent.
- Prince Harry will contribute to its efforts to protect Africa’s natural heritage and support both the wildlife and communities.
2.China caught while selling oil to N Korea: Trump.
- Donald Trump said that China has been “caught red-handed” selling oil to N Korea and warned that there will never be a friendly solution to N Korea crisis “if it continues to happen”.
- This follows reports that spy satellites had captured images of Chinese ships selling oil to North Korean ships.
3.First highway with wireless charging systems of China has opened.
- China opened its first highway with built-in wireless charging systems for electric vehicles in the Shandong province.
- China has become the world’s second country to construct a photovoltaic highway after France which introduced a road fitted with solar panels in 2016.
4.North Korean ships has been denied international port access by UN.
- The UN Security Council has denied international port access to 4 N Korean ships suspected of carrying or having transported goods banned by international sanctions targeting the reclusive nation.
- UN had recently banned the export of food products, machinery, wood and vessels from N Korea over its nuclear programme.
1.SEBI caps Cross-shareholding in rating agencies at 10%.
- Market regulator SEBI stated that cross-holding in credit rating agencies(CRAs) will be capped at 10% and also decided to raise the minimum net worth requirement to Rs.25 crore from the current Rs.5 crore.
- The board of SEBI has approved a slew of measures for tightening the financial and operational eligibility of the promoters of CRAs.
2.India ranked fifth in Highest NPA levels countries.
- India has highest level of NPA among BRICS countries and is ranked fifth on the list of countries of highest level of NPAs.
- Greece, Italy, Portugal and Ireland were above India in the list.
3.Government slashed interest rates on small saving schemes.
- It included national saving Certificate(NSC) and Public Provident fund(PPF).
- The interest rates have been slashed by 0.2 percentage point for the Jan-March period from the rates applicable in the previous quarter. This will prompt banks to lower deposit rates.
4.Bank of Baroda enters into MoU with POORTI Agri Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Bank of Baroda has entered the MoU to enable the farmers to purchase agricultural inputs such as fertilizers, seeds, etc provided by POORTI.
- POORTI is well-established company providing multi-party mobile commerce platform for easy ordering of fertilizers, seeds, pesticides by farmers with loans given by banks.
1.Rishabh Pant breaks Sachin’s 22-year record.
- Delhi captain Rishabh Pant, aged 20 years, became the youngest captain to lead a side in the Ranji final after taking the field against Vidarbha on Friday.
- Pant overtook the 22-year old record held by Sachin Tendulkar, who was 21 years on first day of the 1995 Ranji final between Mumbai and Punjab.
2.V Anand won World Rapid Chess Championship.
- Vishwanathan Anand has defeated an opponent 26-years younger to him to win the World Rapid Chess Championship.
- Anand had earlier failed to qualify for the candidates tournament to challenge the World champion, besides finishing last in the London Chess Classic.
3.George Weah set to become Liberia’s next president.
- Former Chelsea, Manchester City, PSG and AC Milan striker George Weah will be the next president of the West African nation of Liberia.
- He became the first non-European player to win the Ballon d’Or in 1995.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,29 December
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15