Daily Current Affairs 29 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Kaiga Atomic Energy station
- Kaiga Atomic Energy station, Karnataka set a World Record in continuous operation of 962 days by Unit-1 of Kaiga Generating Station.
- Kaiga Generating Station is a nuclear power generating station situated at Kaiga, near the river Kali, in Uttar Kannada district of Karnataka, India.
- The plant has been in operation since March 2000 and is operated by the Nuclear Power Corporation of India. It has four units.
2. Rooftop Solar Installation
- Gujarat ranked on top in installation of rooftop solar projects with an installed capacity of 261.97 megawatts.
- 2. Maharashtra
- 3. Tamil Nadu
- Gujarat: CM: Vijay Rupani || Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat.
3. Dharma-Dhamma conference
- The 5th international Dharma-Dhamma conference was inaugurated at Rajgir by Union Minister of State KirenRijiju.
- KirenRijiju is an Indian lawyer and politician from Arunachal Pradesh. A member of the Bharatiya Janata Party. Rijiju is current Minister of State of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and Minister of State in the Ministry of Minority Affairs of India.
- Bihar: Chief Ministe: Nitish Kumar || Governor: PhaguChuhan.
4. Gita Jayanti Mahotsav 2019
- Nepal will be the partner country for ‘Gita Jayanti Mahotsav 2019’ scheduled to be held at Kurukshetra.
- Nepal: Capital: Kathmandu || Currency: Nepalese rupee || Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli || President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
1. International Tiger Day
- Global Tiger Day, often called International Tiger Day, is an annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation, held annually on 29 July.
- It was created in 2010 at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit.
- India has achieved Tiger Census target 4 years before deadline.
- The Tiger Census in 2006 shed light on the tiger’s depleting numbers, which stood at 1,411. It continued to consistently grow with 2010 reporting 1,706 tigers and 2014 witnessing 2,226 tigers.
2. International Sand Sculpting Festival in Boston
- Sudarsan Pattnaik of Odisha, India has won People’s Choice Award at International Sand Sculpting Festival in Boston in USA.
- He won it for his sand sculpture ‘Stop Plastic Pollution, Save Our Ocean’.
- Sudarsan Pattnaik is an Indian sand artist from Odisha. He was awarded the Padma Shri by Government of India in 2014.
3. Toronto International Film Festival
- Actress Meryl Streep will be honoured Tribute Actor award at 44th Toronto International Film Festival 2019.
- Mary Louise “Meryl” Streep is an American actress. Often described as the “best actress of her generation”, Streep is particularly known for her versatility and accents.
- Nominated for a record 21 Academy Awards, she has won three. Among other accolades, she has received 31 Golden Globe nominations, winning eight.
1. 7th Economic Census
- The Government of India has begun the 7th Economic Census from Tripura.
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation will conduct the census.
- Results at the national level is expected to be available by March 2020.
- Minister of State (IC) of Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation: Rao Inderjit Singh.
2. WhatsApp with NITI Aayog
- WhatsApp has partnered with NITI Aayog under the Women Entrepreneurship Platform.
- Aim: To support and promote women entrepreneurs in India.
- WhatsApp will also partner in ‘Women Transforming India Awards 2019’.
3. New BSF Director General
- VK Johri has been appointed as the next Director General Border Security Force.
- He is presently serving as Special Secretary in RAW.
- The Border Security Force is the primary border defence organisation of India. It is one of the seven Central Armed Police Forces of India, and was raised in the wake of the 1965 War on 1 December 1965, “for ensuring the security of the borders of India and for matters connected there with”.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || General nature: Federal law enforcement || Founder: Shri K F Rustamji || Founded: 1 December 1965
1. 2019 World Wrestling Championships
- The 2019 World Wrestling Championships will be held in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan from 14 September to 22 September, 2019.
- Kazakhstan: Capital: Nur-Sultan || Currency: Kazakhstani tenge || President: Kassym-Jomart Tokayev
2. Panel for selecting India’s new Cricket coach
- Cricket Advisory Committee led by Kapil Dev is entrusted with the responsibility of selecting India’s new coach.
- Former Women’s captain Shantha Rangaswamy and Former men’s coach Anshuman Gaekwad are also in the panel.
- Shantha Rangaswamy, also known as Shanta Rangaswamy, is an Indian cricketer. She played Women’s Test cricket for India in 16 matches from 1976 to 1991, captaining the side in 8 matches in 1976-7 and four in 1983-4.
- Anshuman Dattajirao Gaekwad is a former Indian cricketer and two-time Indian national cricket coach.
3. Chandigarh Cricket Association-Punjab to merge with Union Territory Cricket Association
- Chandigarh has received affiliation from BCCI.
- Chandigarh Cricket Association-Punjab had decided to merge with Union Territory Cricket Association
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India is the national governing body for cricket in India. The board was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || Chief Exec: Rahul Johri || Women’s coach: W. V. Raman || Men’s coach: Ravi Shastri || Founded: December 1928 || Presidents: Vinod Rai (interim), C.K. Khanna
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31