Daily Current Affairs 29 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Renewable Energy Dialogue-2018
- The Renewable Energy Dialogue was organised by the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW) in collaboration with Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), International Solar Alliance (ISA), International Energy Agency (IEA), Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation (SSEF), and REN21.
- Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, said that India is running one of the largest and most ambitious renewable energy capacity expansion programmes in the world.This edition of the Dialogue had a special focus on market creation and market trends.
2. NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurs Platform has signed five Statements of Intent with financial institutions and social organisations
- These were inked with Shri Mahila Sewa Sahakari Bank Limited, Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited, SREI Infrastructure Finance Limited, Sreemanta Sankar Mission and the Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA).
- The WEP was established on the occasion of International Women’s Day (8 March) to substantially increase the number of women entrepreneurs who will create and empower a dynamic New India.
3. ‘Sagarmala’ Receives Gold Award At 52nd Skoch Summit 2018
- The Ministry of Shipping’s flagship programme for port-led-prosperity ‘Sagarmala’ received the ‘Gold Award’ in infrastructure sector in the recently concluded 52nd Skoch Summit 2018 in New Delhi.
- The Sagarmala Programme also received the ‘Order of Merit’ at the Summit.
4. NIMHANS Digital Academy
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru has an established infrastructure for starting a digital academy.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched NIMHANS Digital Academy to train mental health professionals through virtual classrooms to tackle mental health disorders.
1. 2018 Trafficking in Persons Report
- The US State Department categorised North Korea as the “worst human trafficking country” for the 16th straight year in its annual ‘2018 Trafficking in Persons Report’.
- North Korea has been named in the lowest ranked Tier 3 category along with China, Russia and Iran. However, South Korea has been ranked at the highest category in the list of Tier 1 countries for the 16th consecutive year along with the US, UK, France and Canada.
2. Sonakshi Joins UNESCO to Promote Safe Cyberspace for Kids
- Sonakshi Sinha has collaborated with UNESCO to promote a safe and secure cyber environment for youngsters to ensure they are not targeted for bullying, abuse, exploitation and more through the internet.
- The will empower digital citizens and promote secure cyber environment for children to prevent cyberbullying, online sexual abuse and exploitation on social media platforms.
3. Norway World’s Best Country in Traffic Safety
- A report from organization European Transport Safety Council (ETSC), Norway observes the lowest rate of traffic accidents in the world.
- Norway accounts for 20 deaths per one million inhabitants which is the lowest death rate in traffic.
4. Climate change may cost India 2.8% of GDP, says World Bank
- Climate change could depress the living standards of nearly half the India’s population by 2050, which now lives in the vulnerable areas.
- Over 75% of the population is dependent on agriculture, falling yields from climate change would lead to a decline in living standards for agriculture-dependent households, while the effect on people’s health would worsen the overall impact.
1. ICICI names ex-IAS Girish Chaturvedi as part-time Chairman
- ICICI Bank on Friday appointed retired IAS officer and former petroleum secretary Girish Chandra Chaturvedi as part-time non-executive Chairman and independent Director on the bank’s Board.
- Chaturvedi will replace current Chairman MK Sharma after his term ends on June 30.
2. HCL Tech Acquires German IT Firm H&D
- HCL Technologies has acquired German IT and engineering services provider H&D International Group.
- The H&D Group, one of the largest IT service providers in the German automotive industry, has extensive expertise in SAP, computer-aided technologies (CAx), engineering services and customer-specific product development.
3. Exim Bank Extends $10 mn Loan Facility To Seychelles
- he Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) announced that it has extended $10 million worth of line of credit (LOC) to Seychelles.
- This is for healthcare and procurement of goods and projects.
4. BHEL Inks Pact With Korean Firm
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) has inked a pact with South Korean firm NANO Co Ltd for design and manufacture of emission controlling devices for coal-based power plants.
- The pact will enable BHEL to enhance its offerings for emission control systems.
1. Rani Rampal to lead India in Women’s Hockey World Cup
- India have been placed in Pool B alongside hosts England, USA and Ireland.
- Hockey India announced the 18-member Indian women’s team for the prestigious tournament which will begin on July 21.
2. Jinson Johnson Breaks 42-year-old 800m National Record
- Middle-distance runner Jinson Johnson broke 42 year old record set to win the gold medal in the men’s 800m event at the 58th National Inter State Championships at the Indira Gandhi Stadium in Guwahati.
- The 27-year-old from Kerala clocked 1:45.65 seconds to break previous record of 1:45.77 seconds set by Sriram Singh at the 1976 Olympics in Montreal.
3. Saina Nehwal out of Malaysia Open
- Saina Nehwal’s run in the Malaysia Open ended with a straight-game loss to Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi in the women’s singles
- This is Saina’s sixth straight loss to the Japanese in seven meetings. The only time Saina had defeated Yamaguchi was in the 2014 China Open.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,29 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15