Daily Current Affairs 29 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. PAiSA (Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access)
- PAiSA is a centralized electronic platform to process interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana (NULM)
- This Portal is developed by Allahabad Bank and was launched by Ministry of Housing.
2. New Chairman of UPSC
- Arvind Saxena has been appointed as Chairman of UPSC, replacing Vinay Mittal.
- The Union Public Service Commission is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. While Department of Personnel and Training is the central personnel agency in India.
3. International Gita Festival
- The International Gita Festival, 2018, will be organised in Kurukshetra, Haryana.
- Mauritius will be the partner country and Gujarat the partner state.
4. Pt. Bhimsen Joshi award
- Flautist Pandit Keshav Ginde will be awarded Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Lifetime Achievement Award for Classical Music.
- Bharat Ratna Awardee Pandit Bhimsen Gururaj Joshi was a legendary Indian vocalist from Karnataka in the Hindustani classical tradition. He is known for the khayal form of singing, as well as for his popular renditions of devotional music.
1. World’s first underground luxury hotel
- ‘InterContinental Shanghai Wonderland’ is the World’s first underground luxury hotel which was opened in Shanghai, China.
- China :- President: Xi Jinping || Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi || Population: 138.64 crores (2017) World Bank || Official script: Simplified Chinese
2. G20 Summit 2018
- The 13th G20 Summit-2018 has begun in Buenos Aires, Argentina.PM Modi will be representing India at the Summit.
- The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
3. Exercise KONKAN-18
- Exercise KONKAN-18 is naval cooperation exercise between India and the United Kingdom, has started in Goa.
- The KONKAN series of exercises commenced in 2004, and since then has grown in scale. KONKAN-2018 will be conducted from 28 Nov to 06 Dec 18 off Goa.
4. Stephen Hillenburg passes away
- Stephen McDannell Hillenburg was an American animator, cartoonist, and marine biology teacher. He was the creator of the Nickelodeon animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants, which he also directed, produced, and wrote. It has gone on to become the fifth longest-running American animated series.
- A yellow sea sponge named SpongeBob SquarePants, who enjoys being a cook at Krusty Krab, lives in the Pacific Ocean. He embarks on various adventures with his friends.
1. #LetTheTravelBegin campaign
- #LetTheTravelBegin campaign is launched by OYO and PayTM.
- OYO, is India’s largest hospitality company, consisting mainly of budget hotels. It was founded in 2013 by Ritesh Agarwal and has since grown to over 8,500 hotels in 230 cities in India, Malaysia, UAE, Nepal, China and Indonesia.
- PayTM :- CEO: Renu Satti || Founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma || Founded: 2010 || Parent organization: One97 Communications || Headquarters: Noida, India
2. Azim Premji awarded highest French civilian honour
- Azim Premji will be conferred with highest French civilian award Chevalier del la Legion d’Honneur.
- It will be presented by French Ambassador to India Alexandre Ziegler.
3. CSIR with Merck
- CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology Merck(German science and technology company) will establish a ‘High End Skill Development Centre’ in Chandigarh.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research abbreviated as CSIR was established by the Government of India in September of 1942 as an autonomous body that has emerged as the largest research and development organisation in India.
4. Golden Peacock award at IFFI
- ‘Donbass’ (a Ukrainian film) has won The Golden Peacock award at the 49th International Film Festival of India at Panaji, Goa
- The 49th International Film Festival of India is film festival was held from 20 to 28 November 2018 in Goa.
- Indian Film Personality of the Year: Salim Khan
1. 62nd national Shotgun championship
- The 62nd national championship for shotgun events was held in New Delhi.
- Varsha Varman(Madhya Pradesh) has won the women’s trap gold in Shotgun Event.
2. Belarus Open (Table Tennis)
- Manav Thakkar settled for a bronze in the U-21 Men’s singles Belgosstrakh Belarus Open.
- The International Table Tennis Federation Challenge Belgosstrakh Belarus Open was held in Minsk, Belarus.
3. 2018 Hockey World Cup
- India began their World Cup campaign with a 5-0 victory over South Africa at Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar.
- The 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup is the 14th edition of the Hockey World Cup field hockey tournament. It is being held from 28 November to 16 December.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15
- Daily Current Affairs: November 16
- Daily Current Affairs: November 17
- Daily Current Affairs: November 18
- Daily Current Affairs: November 19
- Daily Current Affairs: November 20
- Daily Current Affairs: November 21
- Daily Current Affairs: November 22
- Daily Current Affairs: November 23
- Daily Current Affairs: November 24
- Daily Current Affairs: November 25
- Daily Current Affairs: November 26
- Daily Current Affairs: November 27
- Daily Current Affairs: November 28
- Daily Current Affairs: November 29