Daily Current Affairs 29 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Surajkund International Crafts Mela
- The Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2020 will be organised at Surajkund, Faridabad.
- Surajkund is an ancient reservoir of the 10th century located on Southern Delhi Ridge of Aravalli range in Faridabad city of Haryana state about 8 km from South Delhi. Surajkund is an artificial Kund built in the backdrop of the Aravalli hills with an amphitheatre shaped embankment constructed in semi-circular form.
2. Kartavya Portal
- Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has launched Kartavya Portal(kartavya.ugc.ac.in) portal for holding monthly essay competitions for students.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development, formerly Ministry of Education, is responsible for the development of human resources in India.
- Founded: 26 September 1985 || Headquarters: New Delhi || Child agencies: Department of School Education and Literacy; Department of Higher Education || Jurisdiction: India
3. First Chief of Defence Staff
- General Bipin Rawat will be the first Chief of Defence Staff for 2 years.
- He will end his tenure as the Army Chief in December 2019.
4. Sudhir Dar passes away
- Renowned cartoonist Sudhir Dar passes away.
- Sudhir Dar was an Indian cartoonist and illustrator. Starting with The Statesman in 1961, he went on to work as the political cartoonist with Hindustan Times from 1967 for over two decades. Subsequently, he joined The Pioneer and in 2000 started working as a freelancer.
1. Yasuhiro Nakasone passes away
- Former Prime Minister of Japan Yasuhiro Nakasone has passed away.
- Yasuhiro Nakasone was a Japanese politician who served as Prime Minister of Japan and President of the Liberal Democratic Party from 1982 to 1987. He was a member of the House of Representatives for more than 50 years.
2. Royal Aeronautical Society
- Royal Aeronautical Society, Landon has conferred the ‘Honorary Fellowship of the Society 2019’ to DRDO Chairman G Satheesh Reddy.
- The Royal Aeronautical Society, also known as the RAeS, is a British multi-disciplinary professional institution dedicated to the global aerospace community. Founded in 1866, it is the oldest aeronautical society in the world.
- Chief Executive: Sir Brian BurridgeFRAeS || Headquarters: Landon, United Kingdom || Affiliation: Engineering Council || Founded: January 1866 || Abbreviation: RAeS
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founded: 1958 || Motto: Strength’s Origin is in Science || Minister responsible: Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence || Agency executive: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy, Chairman
3. Golden Peacock Award at IFFI 2019
- Movie ‘Particles’ has won the Golden Peacock Award at the 50th edition of International Film Festival of India 2019.
- Movie ‘Particles’ is directed by Blaise Harrison and produced by Estelle Fialon is an ambitious yet modest film about the mysteries of being a teenager.
- The Golden Peacock Award carries a cash prize of Rs 40 lakhs.
4. International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is observed on 29th November.
- The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is a UN-organized observance. Events are held at the United Nations headquarters in New York, as well as at the United Nations offices at Geneva, Vienna and Nairobi.
1. First NBFC to list commercial paper on bourses
- Aditya Birla Finance has become first NBFC to list commercial paper on bourses.
- Aditya Birla Finance Ltd (ABFL) is one of India’s non-banking financial companies (NBFC). Incorporated in 1991.
- Headquarters location: Mumbai
2. New CEO of Tata Communications
- Amur Swaminathan Lakshminarayanan has been appointed as the CEO of Tata Communications.
- Tata Communications Limited is an Indian telecommunications company. It’s part of the Tata Group. Tata’s communications network spans more than 500,000 km of subsea fibre and more than 210,000 km of terrestrial fibre. The company has invested $1.19 billion in its global subsea fibre network.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
3. NuGen Mobility Summit 2019
- International Centre for Automotive Technology has organized NuGen Mobility Summit 2019 in Gurugram.
- Aim: To explore the new generation technologies
- International Centre for Automotive Technology is located at Manesar in Gurugram district of Haryana state of India. The Rs 1100 crore facility has facilities for vehicle homologation and also testing laboratories for noise, vibration and harshness and passive safety.
- Headquarters: Manesar, Gurugram || Founded: 2007
4. Deadline for FASTags
- Government of India has extended deadline for FASTags to 15th December for 100% electronic toll collection across National Highways.
- FASTag is an electronic toll collection system in India, operated by the National Highway Authority of India. It employs Radio Frequency Identification technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it or directly toll owner.
1. City football Group with Mumbai City FC
- Manchester City FC owner City Football Group (CFG) has decided to acquire 65% stake in Mumbai City FC of ISL.
- Mumbai City FC franchise co-owned by Bollywood star Ranbir Kapoor and film producer Bimal Parekh.
- The City Football Group is a holding company that administers association football clubs under the ownership of Abu Dhabi United Group. It is part-owned by Chinese firms China Media Capital and CITIC Capital along with Silver Lake. The company’s flagship club is Manchester City F.C. in the English Premier League.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15
- Daily Current Affairs: November 16
- Daily Current Affairs: November 17
- Daily Current Affairs: November 18
- Daily Current Affairs: November 19
- Daily Current Affairs: November 20
- Daily Current Affairs: November 21
- Daily Current Affairs: November 22
- Daily Current Affairs: November 23
- Daily Current Affairs: November 24
- Daily Current Affairs: November 25
- Daily Current Affairs: November 26
- Daily Current Affairs: November 27
- Daily Current Affairs: November 28
- Daily Current Affairs: November 29
- Daily Current Affairs: November 30