Daily Current Affairs 29 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. India has 3rd most soldiers with UN Peacekeeping: Modi
- 7,000 Indian troops are deployed with UN Peacekeeping initiatives.
- He added that India was the first nations to send women to peacekeeping missions.
2. Govt releases salary funds for 12 Delhi University colleges
- Deputy CM Manish Sasodia has ordered the release of funds for one month’s salary for the staff of12 Delhi University colleges.
- This comes after the govt stopped giving funds to 28 colleges over failure to appoint governing bodies.
3. ITBP gets communication satellite
- The govt has armed the Indo-Tibetan Border Police with ISRO’s GSAT-6 to supervise the nearly 3,500-km long Sino-Indian border.
- The satellite will enable the force to track activities along the border and alert the govt if something suspicious is noticed.
1. India-US armed drones deal would lead to conflict : Pakistan
- Pakistan warned that the deal between the countries could increase chances of military misadventures leading to a conflict.
- This comes after the US administration said that the country was considering India’s request for armed drones for its Air Force modernisation drive..
2. AI that can predict earthquakes being developed
- US and UK-based researchers have developed an Artificial Intelligence system that successfully predicted laboratory simulated earthquakes.
- Researchers are aiming to scale up the AI for real earthquake detection and possibly avalanches and landslides.
1. Govt releases Rs.8700 crore to compensate states for GST loss
- This is to compensate the states for the revenue loss they faced due to the implementation of GST.
- The states have been given compensation for the first two months of July and August after the GST rollout.
- This is 58% of the total cess revenue of Rs.15,060 crore in the two months.
2. Amazon’s international loss widens 73% to USD 936 million
- The online retailer’s overall net sales jumped about 34% to USD 48.7 billion.
- Overall consolidated profit increased marginally from a year ago to USD 256 million.
1. Kohli becomes first captain to slam six ODI tons in a year
- Kohli has now scored third most international hundreds as captain(20).
- Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting is the first(41) followed by ex-South African captain Graeme Smith(33).
2. Indian edition becomes highest scoring FIFA U-17 World Cup
- The World Cup in India witnessed 183 goals in 52 matches and surpassed the 172-goal record set at UAE in 2013.
- This year’s final between England and Spain became the highest scoring final with seven goals.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,29 October
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15