Daily Current Affairs 29 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. British Council with Arunachal Pradesh
- Both have inked an MOU for educational and cultural cooperation between the state and the UK at Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Arunachal Pradesh:- Chief Minister: Pema Khandu || Governor: B.D. Mishra || Capital: Itanagar.
2. The Teen Age Girls (TAG) Report
- Acc. to the report, Kerala is the best State for teenage girls in TAG index while Mumbai has topped in the city list.
- The Teen Age Girls (TAG) Report is conducted by Project Nanhi Kali with support from Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
3. Mahila Mall
- Mahila Mall is the first mall in India with an all-women crew.
- It is in Kozhikode, Kerala with a venture of Unity Group under the Kozhikode Corporation Kudumbashree CDS.
4. National Ayurveda Day
- National Ayurveda Day was observed on 28th October.
- Al India Institute of Ayurveda with Ministry of AYUSH has organised a programme titled ‘Run for Ayurveda’.
1. Referendum to remove the offence of blasphemy
- Ireland has voted to remove the offence of blasphemy from the constitution in a Referendum for the same.
- 64.85% of the voters has voted to support the move.
2. Miss Grand International 2018
- Clara Sosa (Miss Paraguay) won the Miss Grand International 2018 title at the 6th edition of the beauty pageant in Yangon, Myanmar.
- Miss Grand International is a women’s beauty contest, created in 2013 by Nawat Itsaragrisil in Thailand about young women living around the world. The contest was created to encourage the fight against violence and war in the world.
3. India, Japan’s currency swap agreement
- India and Japan has signed a $75 billion bilateral currency swap agreement in Tokyo.
- This bring greater stability to foreign exchange and capital markets in India.
4. Pipeline to Peacekeeping Command Programme
- India has donated $300,000 to a programme to train commanders for UN peacekeeping.
- UN peacekeeping is also Known as the “Pipeline to Peacekeeping Command Programme.
1. IBM’s New Acquisition
- IBM will be acquiring software company Red Hat in a $34 billion cash and debt deal.
- Red Hat, Inc. is an American multinational software company providing open-source software products to the enterprise community. Founded in 1993, Red Hat has its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, with other offices worldwide.
2. World’s Most Valuable Companies 2018
- 1. Apple Inc.
- 2. Microsoft
- 3. Amazon
3. ‘Vogue’ Award
- Ranbir Kapoor(Actor) has been awarded with ‘Vogue Man Of The Year 2018’ Award.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan :- ‘Vogue and IWC Schaffhausen Style Icon of The Year 2018’.
- Radhika Apte :- ‘Vogue Trends Disruptor Of The Year (Female)’
- Vicky Kaushal :- ‘Vogue Trends Disruptor Of The Year 2018 (Male) Award’
- Meghna Gulzar :- ‘Vogue Filmmaker Of The Year 2018’.
- Alia Bhatt :- ‘Vogue and Lamborghini Youth Icon Of The Year 2018’.
4. Microsoft’s New Acquisition
- Microsoft has completed its $7.5 billion acquisition of GitHub.
- GitHub Inc. is a web-based hosting service for version control using Git. It is mostly used for computer code. It offers all of the distributed version control and source code management functionality of Git as well as adding its own features.
1. Panasonic Open India
- Khalin Joshi has won Panasonic Open India title at the Delhi Golf Club.
- Khalin Joshi is an Indian Golfer with world number 240.
2. Senior World Wrestling Championships
- 15th edition of World Wrestling Championships of combined events has concluded.
- India won 2 medals.
- Pooja Dhanda (Haryana) won bronze medal in the 57kg category.
- Bajrang Punia (Haryana) won a silver medal in the 65kg freestyle.
3. Chris Evert Women’s WTA World No.1 Trophy
- Simona Halep has become the first recipient of the Chris Evert Women’s Tennis Association World No.1 Trophy.
- Simona Halep is a Romanian professional tennis player. She is the current world No. 1 on the WTA Tour, a ranking she first achieved in October 2017, and has won 18 WTA singles title and one WTA doubles title.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15