Daily Current Affairs 29th 30th May 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29th 30th May 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29th 30th May 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29th 30th May 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology
- The name of Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology has been changed to Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology.
- Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers: DV Sadananda Gowda.
1. New President of Taiwan
- Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen took the oath for her second term.
- Taiwan: Capital– Taipei || Currency– New Taiwan dollar
1. Chatbot ‘PAi’
- National Payment Corporation of India has launched an Artificial Intelligence based Chat-bot ‘PAi’.
- Aim: To create awareness around NPCI’s products such as FASTag, RuPay, UPI, AePS etc.
- National Payments Corporation of India is an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India.
- Headquarters location: Mumbai || CEO: Dilip Asbe
1. IL&FS to sell stake in GIFT City to Gujarat Govt
- IL&FS will sell its entire stake in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Limited to the Gujarat Government.
- National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has approved the same.
- Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS): Headquarters– Mumbai || Chairman– Uday Kotak
- National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT): Headquarters– New Delhi || Officiating Chairperson– Justice Bansi Lal Bhat
2. Asian Development Bank with Maharashtra Government
- ADB has signed 177 million USD loan agreement with Maharashtra Government to upgrade infrastructure in the state.
- ADB: Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: MasatsuguAsakawa
Science and Technology News
1. AarogyaSetu is now open source
- NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant stated that AarogyaSetu App is now open source.
- Open-source software is software that makes the source code freely available, for anyone to see and use. Companies, individuals, universities and a lot of other entities build entire projects and use an open-source license, then they give the code away to anyone who wants to use it.
1. New President of New Development Bank
- Marcos Troyjo has been elected as next President of New Development Bank (NDB).
- The New Development Bank, formerly referred to as the BRICS Development Bank, is a multilateral development bank established by the BRICS states.
- Headquarters location: Shanghai, China
2. CMD of Oriental Insurance Company
- SN Rajeswari has been appointed as the new CMD of Oriental Insurance Company.
- The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. is a public sector general insurance company of India. The headquarter of the company is located in New Delhi.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
3. New CEO of Wipro
- Wipro has appointed Thierry Delaporte as its CEO and Managing Director.
- Wipro: Owner: Azim Premji || Headquarters: Bengaluru
4. New Capgemini CEO
- Aiman Ezzat has been appointed new Capgemini CEO replacing Paul Hermelin.
- Capgemini SE is a French multinational corporation that provides consulting, technology, professional, and outsourcing services. It is headquartered in Paris, France.
1. World Menstrual Hygiene Day
- World Menstrual Hygiene Day is observed on May 28.
- Theme: ‘World Menstrual Hygiene Day’.
2. International Everest Day
- International Everest Day is observed on 29th May.
- Everest Day on May 29 every year in memory of the first summit of Mount Everest by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa.
3. International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers
- United Nations commemorates the International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers on 29 May every year.
- Theme: ‘Women in Peacekeeping – A Key to Peace’.
4. International Day of Action for Women’s Health
- International Day of Action for Women’s Health is observed on May 28 every year.
- The day is observed by the Women’s Global Network for Reproductive Rights (WGNRR).
5. World Hunger Day
- World Hunger Day is observed globally on 28 May every year.
- The aim of this initiative has been to not only spread awareness about the malaise of chronic hunger but also to solve hunger and poverty through sustainable undertakings.
6. World Digestive Health Day
- Every 29th May, the World Gastroenterology Organisation in collaboration with the WGO Foundation celebrates World Digestive Health Day.
- WGO Headquarters: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States || WGO Founded: 1958.
1. Ajit Jogi passes away
- The first Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh Ajit Jogi has passed away.
- Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh: Bhupesh Baghel || Governor: Sushri Anusuiya Uikey.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Flipkart with Karnataka Mango Board
- Flipkart has signed an MoU with Karnataka Mango Board to support mango farmers.
- Flipkart: Established: October 2007 || Headquarter: Bengaluru || CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy.
2. Vakrangee with LIC
- Vakrangee has tied-up with LIC for micro insurance products.
- LIC : Headquarters– Mumbai || Chairman– M R Kumar
1. World’s Highest Paid Athlete
- Tennis Player Roger Federer is the world’s highest-paid athlete for 2020.
- Top Five Players
- 1. Roger Federer with $106.3 million USD.
- 2. Cristiano Ronaldo ($105 million),
- 3. Messi ($104 million)
- 4. Neymar ($95.5 million)
- 5. Basketball player LeBron James ($88.2 million)
- Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli has been ranked at 66th position with $26 million.
2. World’s Highest Paid Athlete (Female)
- Top two
- 1. Tennis Player Naomi Osaka ($37.4 million) overall at 29th position.
- 2. Serena Williams ($36 million)
3. Member of the Olympic Channel Commission
- Indian Olympic Association President NarinderBatra has been appointed as a member of the Olympic Channel Commission.
- International Olympic Committee: Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland || President– Thomas Bach.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,29th 30th May