Daily Current Affairs 29th 30th November 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29th 30th November 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29th 30th November 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29th 30th November 2020 Current affairs test.
1. PRAGATI Meet
- PM Modi has chaired the 33rd PRAGATI meeting to review multiple projects, grievances and programmes.
- PRAGATI means for “Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation”.
2. Panchayat Newsletter “Parivartan“
- Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha has released Panchayat Newsletter “Parivartan“- a first ever publication in five official languages of J&K.
- J&K: Capitals: Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
1. SMS Pay by Yes Bank
- YES Bank has launched an ‘SMS Pay’ on POS terminals to allow merchants to accept contactless and remote payments from their customers.
- YES Bank: MD & CEO: Prashant Kumar || Founder: Rana Kapoor || Headquarters: Mumbai,
2. Securities Market Trainers (SMARTs) program
- SEBI has launched the Securities Market Trainers (SMARTs) program which is an initiative aimed at enhancing investor education and awareness.
- SEBI: Founded: 12 April 1992 || Headquarters: Mumbai || Chairperson:Ajay Tyagi
1. ICICI Lombard acquisition of Bharti Axa General
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has given its in-principle approval for the merger of Bharti AXA General Insurance with ICICI Lombard.
- IRDAI: Founded: 1999 || Headquarters: Hyderabad || Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia.
1. Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare
- The Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare is an annual event held November 30.
- It is as a “tribute to the victims of chemical warfare, as well as to reaffirm the commitment of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) to the elimination of the threat of chemical weapons
2. International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is observed on 29th November.
- The significance to the Palestinian people, is based on the call by the United Nations General Assembly for an annual observance of the resolution on the partition of Palestine.
3. National Organ Donation Day
- 27 November has been celebrated as the ‘Indian Organ Donation Day’ in the country.
- The year 2020 marks the 11th National Organ Donation Day. It is organised by the National Organ & Tissue Transplant Organization under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Global Terrorism Index 2020
- The Global Terrorism Index 2020 ranks India as 8th in the world on a list of countries most affected by terrorism in 2019 by Institute of Economic & Peace.
- The top three most impacted countries by terrorism
- 1. Afghanistan
- 2. Iraq
- 3. Nigeria