Daily Current Affairs 29th 30th October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29th 30th October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29th 30th October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29th 30th October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Plastic Premier League
- Plastic Premier League tournament is being played in Indore to free the city from single use plastic.
- Indore has been awarded as the cleanest city in the country four times so far under Swachh Survekshan.
2. First state to fix floor price for vegetables
- Kerala has become the first state in the country to fix the floor price for vegetables.
- The floor price will be 20 per cent above the production cost of the vegetable.
1. HDFC Bank MD & CEO retires
- HDFC Bank MD & CEO Aditya Puri has retired.
- Sashidhar Jagdishan has been appointed as the new chief executive and managing director of the HDFC Bank.
- HDFC Bank Headquarters: Mumbai.
2. RBI bars Payment System Operators with any new QR codes
- RBI has barred Payment System Operators from launching any new proprietary QR code for payment transactions.
- Currently there are two interoperable QR codes — UPI QR and Bharat QR.
3. DMRC with SBI card
- SBI Card with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation launched a contact-less multi-purpose card as a credit card and a metro smart card as well.
- CEO of SBI Card: Ashwini Kumar Tewari.
1. Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM)
- Women Startup Summit 2020, Kerala gained key focus in Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) initiative.
- KSUM is the Kerala government’s nodal agency for entrepreneurship development and incubation activities.
- Kerala: Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan || Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
2. India Energy Forum
- PM Modi has inaugurated the 4th India Energy Forum by CERAWeek.
- Theme: ‘India’s Energy Future in a World of Change’.
1. Book ‘Night of the Restless Spirits’
- Book ‘Night of the Restless Spirits: Stories from 1984’ is authored by Sarbpreet Singh.
- Sarbpreet Singh is a writer, playwright and commentator based in Boston.
1. Infantry Day in J&K
- Indian Army celebrated the 74th Infantry Day in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Infantry Day is celebrated as a remembrance of the first military event of independent India to honour the supreme sacrifice of the gallant soldiers in fighting the Pakistani invaders, in Jammu and Kashmir, in 1947.
2. International Animation Day
- International Animation Day is observed globally on 28 October by International Animated Film Association (ASIFA), an International Animated Film Association, a member of UNESCO.
- Aim: To recognize the art of animation and also recognise the artists, scientists and technicians behind animation.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Microsoft with National Skill Development Corporation
- Microsoft has collaborated with National Skill Development Corporation to impart digital skills to more than one lakh underserved women in India.
- Under this partnership, eSkill India – NSDC’s digital skilling initiative – will support in building the outreach of this engagement through its skilling ecosystem.
- NSDC: CEO: Manish Kumar || Headquarters: New Delhi