Daily Current Affairs 29th 30th September 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29th 30th September 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29th 30th September 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29th 30th September 2020 Current affairs test.
1. KRITAGYA (Krishi-Taknik-Gyan) Hackathon
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research has announced KRITAGYA (Krishi-Taknik-Gyan) Hackathon under the National Agricultural Higher Education Project.
- Aim: To promote potential technology solutions for enhancing farm mechanization with special emphasis on women-friendly equipment.
- ICAR: Headquarters : New Delhi || Director General: Trilochan Mohapatra
2. ICMR’s vaccine web portal and National Clinical Registry
- Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has launched the ICMR’s vaccine web portal and National Clinical Registry for Covid-19.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world.
- ICMR: Headquarters: New Delhi || Leader: Balram Bhargava
3. Ganga Avaloka Museum
- ‘Ganga Avalokan’ is the first museum on Ganga aimed at showcasing the biodiversity, culture, and rejuvenation activities done in the river.
- The museum, Ganga Avalokan is situated at Chandi Ghat, Haridwar.
1. Digital Suraksha Group Insurance
- Flipkart and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance have launched ‘Digital Suraksha Group Insurance’ which is a cyber insurance cover.
- Flipkart: Headquarters: Bengaluru || Flipkart CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy.
1. New brand ambassador of Vedantu
- Actor Aamir Khan has been appointed as the new brand ambassador of Vedantu.
- Ed-tech start-up Vedantu that offers live online tutoring.
1. Book ‘A Bouquet of Flowers’
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has launched Book ‘A bouquet of flowers’ written by author Dr Krishna Saksena.
Science and Technology News
1. MOUSHIK microprocessor
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras has developed ‘MOUSHIK’ Microprocessor.
- It is an indigenously-made microprocessor for the Internet of things (IoT) devices.
1. New chairman of TRAI
- PD Vaghela has been appointed as the chairman of the Telecom Regulatory of India (TRAI).
- Telecom Regulatory of India: Founded: 20 February 1997 || Headquarters: New Delhi.
2. New NSG DG
- ITBP Director General S S Deswal has been given the additional charge of National Security Guard (NSG).
- The National Security Guard is an elite counter-terrorism unit under the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs. It was founded on 15 October 1984, following Operation Blue Star, Golden Temple attack and the assassination of Indira Gandhi, “for combating terrorist activities and protect states against internal disturbances”.
3. FTII Governing Council Chairman
- Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur has been named FTII Governing Council Chairman.
- The Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of the Government of India and aided by the Central Government of India.
- It is situated on the premises of the erstwhile Prabhat Film Company in Pune. Since its beginning in 1960, FTII has become India’s premier film and television institute, with its alumni becoming technicians, actors and directors in the film and television industry.
1. International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste
- September 29th 2020 celebrates the first ever observance of the International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste.
- The UN General Assembly, on 19 December 2019, designated 29 September as the International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste.
- Theme: ‘Stop food loss and waste. For the people. For the planet’.
2. World Heart Day
- World Heart Day is observed on 29th September annually.
- Theme: ‘Use Heart To Beat Cardiovascular Disease’.
3. International Translation Day
- International Translation Day is an international day celebrated every year on 30 September.
- It is on the feast of St. Jerome, the Bible translator who is considered the patron saint of translators. The celebrations have been promoted by International Federation of Translators ever since it was set up in 1953.
- Theme: ‘Finding the words for a world in crisis’.
1. Ruler of Kuwait passes away
- Kuwaiti ruler Sheikh Sabah has passed away.
- Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah GCB is the Emir of Kuwait and the Commander of the Kuwait Military Forces. He was sworn in on 29 January 2006 after confirmation by the National Assembly. He is the fourth son of Sheikh Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award
- Actor Sonu Sood has been conferred the SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award by the United Nations Development Programme.
- The Sustainable Development Goals or Global Goals are a collection of 17 interlinked goals designed to be a “blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all”.
2. IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List
- Mukesh Ambani has topped IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List for ninth year.
- 2. Hinduja brothers
- 3. HCL founder Shiv Nadar
3. PATA Grand Award 2020
- Kerala Tourism wins Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Grand Award 2020 under Marketing.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram || Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan || Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
1. AIFF Player of the Year
- AIFF Men’s Footballer of the Year Award: Indian football team goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu.
- AIFF Women’s Footballer of the Year: Indian Woman Footballer midfielder Sanju
- midfielder Anirudh Thapa was named as the AIFF 2019-20 Men’s Emerging Footballer of the Year.
- AIFF: President: Praful Patel || Headquarters: Dwarka, Delhi.