Daily Current Affairs 29th April 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29th April 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29th April 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29th April 2023 Current affairs test.
Awards & Recognition
1. 68th Filmfare Awards 2023
- Rajkummar Rao clinched the Best Male Actor accolade for his performance in “Badhaai Do”.
- The Best Actor (Female) award was presented to Alia Bhatt for her role in “Gangubai Kathiawadi”.
- “Gangubai Kathiawadi” was honored as Best Film.
- “Badhaai Do” secured the Best Film by Critics award.
- Sanjay Mishra’s portrayal in “Vadh” won Best Actor by Critics.
- Critics’ Best Actress award was shared by Bhumi Pednekar for “Badhaai Do” and Tabu for “Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2”.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali was acclaimed as Best Director for “Gangubai Kathiawadi”.
National & Global Assignments
2. Debadatta Chand’s Designation as MD for Bank of Baroda
- Debadatta Chand has been officially designated as the Managing Director (MD) for Bank of Baroda for a tenure of three years by the government.
- He was previously the Executive Director and will succeed Sanjiv Chadha, whose term had an extension till June 30.
- The Financial Services Institutions Bureau (FSIB) recommended him for the MD & CEO position in January 2023.
- The bank has its headquarters in Vadodara.
Banking & Monetary Matters
3. SBI’s Bond Issuance to Boost International Business
- The country’s leading bank, State Bank of India (SBI), raised USD 750 million via bonds to enhance its international operations.
- The bond comprises of USD 750 million senior unsecured fixed-rate notes, maturing in 5 years with a 4.875 percent semiannual coupon, under Regulation-S.
- The bank had secured the approval from its board to amass $2 billion through bonds for its overseas expansion.
4. World Veterinary Day
- Observed on the last Saturday of April, which was April 29 in 2023, the day accentuates the critical role of veterinary doctors in animal welfare.
- The 2023 theme focused on “Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusiveness in the Veterinary Profession”.
- Established by the World Veterinary Association (WVA) in 2000, it appreciates the efforts of veterinarians in ensuring the health of animals, humans, and the environment.
5. ITC Surpasses Infosys in Market Capitalization
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods giant, ITC, has now overtaken Infosys in market capitalization, ranking as the sixth highest-valued Indian company on stock markets.
- ITC’s market cap touched ₹5.11 trillion following a stock appreciation of 59% over the previous year and a 24% surge in 2023.
- Conversely, Infosys saw a 20% dip in its stock value this year.
- The market capitalization leaders include: Reliance, TCS, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, and HUL.