Daily Current Affairs 29th January 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29th January 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29th January 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29th January 2023 Current affairs test.
1. India Clinches Victory in the ICC U-19 Women’s T20 World Cup 2023
- India’s women’s cricket team secured a triumphant win in the inaugural ICC Under-19’s T20 World Cup 2023, outclassing England by 7 wickets in Potchefstroom, South Africa.
- Jay Shah, member of the Board of Control for Cricket in India, announced a significant reward of 5 crores for the victorious Indian team.
- Grace Scrivens of England, displaying all-around excellence, was honored as the competition’s Most Valuable Player.
- The “Match MVP” accolade was awarded to India’s Titas Sadhu.
- Shafali Verma led the Indian women’s U-19 T20 team to victory.
2. Aasif Sheikh from Nepal Receives the ICC Spirit of Cricket Award
- Aasif Sheikh, the Nepali wicketkeeper, was conferred with the ICC Spirit of Cricket Award for 2022.
- This recognition came after his magnanimous decision to decline the run-out of Ireland’s Andy McBrine during a T20 International match in the Oman Quadrangular Series in February.
- Sheikh’s gesture on the cricket field ensured that Balbirnie reached the striker’s end safely after the latter tripped while running.
National & International Appointments
3. Petr Pavel Elected as the President of the Czech Republic
- Former NATO military committee head, Petr Pavel, has been elected as the president of the Czech Republic.
- He triumphed over billionaire Andrej Babis in a runoff election to assume the presidential mantle of the Czech Republic.
- A staunch advocate for the European Union and NATO memberships, Pavel perceives them as crucial for the country’s long-term prosperity.
- Prague serves as the capital city of the Czech Republic.
Banking & Finance
4. Surge in India’s Forex Reserves
- The Reserve Bank of India reported that as of January 20, 2023, India’s foreign exchange reserves have increased by $1.727 billion, amounting to a total of $573.727 billion.
- The reserves stood at $561.583 billion as of January 13, 2023.
- Foreign currency assets were valued at $503.65 billion.