Daily Current Affairs 29th June 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 29th June 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 29th June 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 29th June 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Union Cabinet Endorses National Research Foundation Bill 2023:
- The National Cabinet, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the National Research Foundation (NRF) Bill for 2023 to be presented in the Parliament. This pivotal move aims to establish the NRF, a paramount body, to strengthen and promote Research and Development (R&D) while fostering a culture of research and innovation in educational institutions, research organizations, and R&D labs throughout India.
2. Introduction of Canada’s ‘Digital Nomad Scheme’ for Foreign Workers:
- In an effort to combat the shortage of skilled professionals, particularly in the tech sector, Canada has launched a digital nomad program. The scheme was unveiled by the immigration minister during the Collision tech event in Toronto, targeting the attraction of skilled international talents.
3. Chhattisgarh’s New Deputy Chief Minister, TS Singh Deo:
- Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge announced TS Singh Deo as the Deputy Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh. This revelation came during a strategic discussion about the upcoming Chhattisgarh Assembly elections at the Congress’ Delhi headquarters. Following a leadership dispute between Bhupesh Baghel and TS Singh Deo in 2018, it was decided that Baghel would serve as CM for two and a half years, succeeded by Deo.
4. National Insurance Awareness Day, 28th June 2023:
- Recognized every year on 28th June, this day underscores the importance of insurance as a safeguard. It reminds individuals to keep their insurance contributions and renewals up-to-date.
5. International Day of the Tropics, 29th June:
- Celebrated annually on June 29, the International Day of the Tropics acknowledges the richness of the tropics and delves into the specific challenges and prospects these regions present.
6. National Statistics Day, 29th June:
- This day honors Professor Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis for his significant contributions to the fields of statistics and economic planning. Noted for the concept of Mahalanobis distance, he is frequently dubbed as the patriarch of Indian statistics.
7. RBI’s Positive 27th Financial Stability Report:
- The Reserve Bank of India revealed its latest Financial Stability Report, evaluating the strength and potential risks in the Indian financial infrastructure. With robust macroeconomic indicators backing it, the Indian economy is showcasing commendable growth. Despite global challenges, the banking sector has demonstrated notable resilience.
8. Meta’s $250K Mixed Reality Endeavor for Indian Initiatives:
- Meta has introduced a Mixed Reality initiative in India, allocating $250,000 to support local startups and developers in designing applications. This project aims to ignite innovation and establish a strong XR technological foundation in the country.
9. Draft Rules for India’s ‘Green Credit’ Scheme Revealed:
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has put forth the ‘Green Credit Programme (GCP)’ draft guidelines for 2023. This proposed scheme motivates various participants to engage in environmentally friendly activities, in return for which they will acquire tradable “green credits” through a market-based strategy.
10. Approval of AgroSchemes, PMPRANAM and Urea Gold:
- Chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved several strategies to promote sustainable farming. These include the PMPRANAM scheme and the introduction of sulphur-coated urea, termed Urea Gold, to address soil health challenges. A significant subsidy has also been designated for organic fertilizers.
11. WEF’s Energy Transition Index – India Ranks 67th, Sweden at the Forefront:
- India secured the 67th position in the World Economic Forum’s energy transition index, reflecting growth in all dimensions. The report, supported by Accenture, lauds India for its steps towards a sustainable energy transition, increased use of renewable energy, and ensuring universal electricity accessibility.
12. Deloitte Engages Manoj Kohli as Senior Advisor:
- Industry veteran Manoj Kohli, formerly at the helm of SoftBank India, has joined Deloitte as a senior advisor. Throughout his 44-year distinguished career, he held significant positions, including leading Bharati Airtel as its CEO and MD, orchestrating its expansive growth in the Indian telecommunication arena.
Accolades & Recognitions
13. Ajay Banga of World Bank Listed in 2023’s Great Immigrants:
- Ajay Banga, who leads the World Bank, has been distinguished on the Carnegie Corporation of New York’s “Great Immigrants” list for his considerable contributions in strengthening America’s democratic ideals.
14. 2023’s Hemis Festival Celebrations in Ladakh:
- The renowned Hemis Festival in Ladakh celebrates Lord Padmasambhava’s birth. This festival, spread over two days, captivates attendees with its Cham Dance, cultural showcases, and the unveiling of magnificent thangkas at the Hemis Gompa monastery.