Daily Current Affairs 2nd-3rd July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2nd-3rd July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2nd-3rd July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2nd-3rd July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Capgemini with Maharashtra Govt
- Capgemini has partnered with Maharashtra Government to support their fight against Covid-19.
- Capgemini: CEO: Paul Hermelin || Headquarters: Paris, France
1. LPG business in Bangladesh
- India and Bangladesh have signed an agreement for the formation of a 50:50 Joint Venture Company for LPG business in Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh: Prime Minister :Sheikh Hasina || Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Bangladeshi taka
2. Pakistan’s first female Lt. General
- Pakistan Army has appointed Major General Nigar Johar as first female Lt. General.
- President of Pakistan: Arif Alvi.
1. e-Kisaan Dhan App
- HDFC Bank has launched ‘e-Kisaan Dhan’ App for farmers.
- HDFC Bank: CEO: Aditya Puri || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. Indian Oil Chairman
- Shrikant Madhav Vaidya has been appointed as the Chairman of Indian Oil.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited, commonly known as IndianOil is an Indian government-owned oil and gas company headquartered in New Delhi.
2. CEO of Central Board of Films Certification (CBFC)
- Ravinder Bhakar has been appointed as the CEO of Central Board of Films Certification (CBFC).
- Central Board of Films Certification: Chairperson: Prasoon Josh || HQ: Mumbai
3. Indian envoy to United Nations bodies
- Indian Government has appointed Indra Mani Pandey as the next Indian envoy to United Nations bodies and other International Organisations in Geneva.
- Indra Mani Pandey, a 1990-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, is currently serving as an additional secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
1. World UFO Day
- World UFO Day on 2nd July is an awareness day for people to gather together and watch the skies for unidentified flying objects.
- It is celebrated by World UFO Day Organization (WUFODO).
2. World Sports Journalists Day
- World Sports Journalists Day is observed globally on 2nd July.
- It is celebrated by International Sports Press Association (AIPS).
Agreements and MoUs
1. Waste to Energy plant
- A MoU was signed on to set-up a Waste to Energy Plant in Delhi between Indian Oil, NTPC Ltd and South Delhi Municipal Corporation.
- NTPC: Headquarters: New Delhi || Chairman & MD: Gurdeep Singh
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. WAN-IFRA’s 19th Asian Media Awards
- Mint has bagged the best ‘Newspaper Front Page Design’ award at WAN-IFRA’s 19th Asian Media Awards.
- It is for special edition dated 24 May 2019 following the declaration of the Lok Sabha election results.
- Mint is an Indian financial daily newspaper published by HT Media, a Delhi-based media group which is controlled by the KK Birla family and also publishes Hindustan Times. It mostly targets readers who are business executives and policy makers. It has been in circulation since 2007.
1. India’s Most Valuable Player by Wisden
- All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja has been named as the Most Valuable Player’ (MVP) of India of the 21st century by Wisden.
- Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, or simply Wisden, colloquially the Bible of Cricket, is a cricket reference book published annually in the United Kingdom. The description “bible of cricket” was first used in the 1930s by Alec Waugh in a review for the London Mercury.
2. ICC Chairman quits
- ICC Chairman, Shashank Manohar has stepped down from his post.
- ICC: Chief Executive Officer: Manu Sahney || Headquarters of ICC: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.