Daily Current Affairs 2nd January 2024: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2nd January2024. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2nd January2024. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2nd January2024 Current affairs test.
1. IMF’s Upcoming Bailout Installment to Pakistan
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is scheduled to release a crucial $700 million bailout installment to Pakistan in its Executive Board meeting on January 11.
- This financial support is part of a larger $3 billion StandBy Arrangement, intended to stabilize Pakistan’s struggling economy.
2. Prime Minister’s Inauguration of Development Projects in Tamil Nadu
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated several developmental projects in Tamil Nadu’s Tiruchirappalli, cumulatively valued at Rs 20,000 crore.
- Key among these projects is the new terminal at Tiruchirappalli International Airport, which cost over Rs 1100 crore.
3. India’s Corporate Investment Trends in FY24
- According to the Economic Research Department of Bank of Baroda, India’s corporate investments in the first nine months of FY24, totaling ₹10.80 lakh crore, did not meet the anticipated levels.
- This trend, based on data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), indicates a cautious approach in sectors such as aviation, chemicals, machinery, and power.
4. Developments in Digital Payment Solutions and Household Financial Stability
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has granted a payment aggregator license to Tata Pay, Tata Digital’s digital payment solution for ecommerce transactions.
- Tata Pay now joins the ranks of prominent players like Razorpay, Cashfree, and Google Pay in the digital payment ecosystem.
- The RBI’s Financial Stability Report sheds light on the household financial savings and liabilities for FY2223, noting a decline in gross household financial savings to 10.9% of GDP. However, the risk of defaults remains low due to limited exposure to high mortgage payments and floating interest rates.
- There has been a notable increase in household financial liabilities, primarily due to higher borrowings for assets such as mortgages and vehicles.
5. Ola Electric’s Milestone and CDSCO-TCS Collaboration
- Ola Electric is poised to become the first Indian Electric Vehicle (EV) company eligible for the government’s PLI scheme, as reported by ET Auto.
- This achievement signifies Ola Electric’s compliance with the PLI scheme’s domestic value addition requirement of 50% for its electric two-wheelers (e2W).
- The Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO), in partnership with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), has launched the ‘National Single Window System’ to streamline medical device imports in India.
- This TCS-developed platform, operational since January 1, is designed to enhance the ease of doing business for investors in the medical device sector.
6. Rajasthan’s Integration of Health Insurance Schemes
- The BJP government in Rajasthan is proposing to merge its Chiranjeevi health insurance scheme with the central Ayushman Bharat programme.
- The envisioned Ayushman Bharat Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Health Insurance Scheme aims to provide an extensive ₹25 lakh insurance cover, maintaining Chiranjeevi’s superior coverage compared to Ayushman Bharat’s ₹5 lakh limit.
Ranks & Reports News
7. Global Punctuality Rankings for Indian Airports
- Hyderabad and Bengaluru airports have achieved second and third ranks respectively in global punctuality, according to a report by Cirium aviation analytics.
8. Nivea India’s New Managing Director
- Geetika Mehta has been appointed as the new managing director of Nivea India, signaling a significant strategic shift for the renowned personal care brand.
9. Jammu and Kashmir’s Implementation of PM Vishwakarma Yojana
- Jammu and Kashmir has become the first Union Territory to implement the PM Vishwakarma Yojana, a Central government initiative launched in September 2023.
- The program is designed to support artisans and craftspeople, who play a crucial role in preserving and promoting India’s cultural heritage.